"Cramping" question... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"Cramping" question...

I just clap very lightly if I suspect a fake. :cool:

I remember in the past southern teams handling the heat of the dome way better than SU players. Which makes a lot of sense when you think about it.

Memory is a little foggy on this, but I think there was a game where Central Florida players were just dropping like flies from cramps in the early 2000’s.

Memory is a little foggy on this, but I think there was a game where Central Florida players were just dropping like flies from cramps in the early 2000’s.
I don't recall that one. I recall NC St. kicking our A$$ in the hot dome though and SU players really struggling with the heat.

I like the soccer method. You stand near the opposing player and call for help so much that it *might look insincere* but who knows really

The truth of the matter is somewhere in the middle, which is often the case. Of course there are legit injuries and cramping but there are also legit falling down and faking as well. If a legit injured player gets booed, he can take that up with one of his teammates who faked an injury earlier. That should be on them, not the fans.

The cramping issue at the Dome is very real. I remember many southern teams having players dropping, way before we ran a hurry up offense.

However, faking injuries to slow down uptempo offenses is also a real thing.

I agree with those who say players should be required to come out of the game, if the game is stopped due to their injury. That protects the players a bit more if they actually were injured and creates a penalty for faking.

Make them sit out the entire possession. If they are hurt, that’s in player safety interests. If it’s a cramp, let them hydrate. If they’re faking...

Dude was legit hurt.

I will say, fake or not, I really don't like the booing. Bad look.

I boo'd. The very first injury the guy was just walking around after the play and then just sat on the ground when Dungey tried to get everyone up to the line of scrimmage. Faking an injury is cheating in my eyes and cheating deserves boos

We can thank Louisville for the boo birds. I remember from 2 years ago when a Louisville player who supposedly suffered a cramp hobbled to the sideline and then poured water/Gatorade on his “cramped” leg. Miraculously cured, and laughing about it. Of course, he went back in soon after.

While some of those cramps were real a lot of them were definitely faked. The rule needs to be changed as it allows teams to 1. stop the flow of the offense. 2. Swap out that player for someone more fitting for the next play. 3. Rest the D. You think they would change the rule so that the player must sit out a certain number of plays. They can ever sell it as a safety issue to protect players who are supposedly cramping from more serious injuries.

It is absolutely unacceptable to boo opposing players who are hurt. I don't buy for a minute that teams are faking injuries to slow down the tempo.
Then you should have plenty of money to buy but Florida real estate. The most egregious form of this I've seen was the city from Louisville who, during a series where SU was on the move and gaining tempo,
lined up for the next play, looked at his coach, then sat down. He was shown on TV laughing as he walked to the sideline, where he stood until running onto the field for the next play. I think he had 3 cramps that game that lasted one play each.
It happens, and it's unfortunate.

We can thank Louisville for the boo birds. I remember from 2 years ago when a Louisville player who supposedly suffered a cramp hobbled to the sideline and then poured water/Gatorade on his “cramped” leg. Miraculously cured, and laughing about it. Of course, he went back in soon after.
Beat me to it.

Another clue as to the possibility of faking--the rhythm and efficiency of the offense. If the last 3 (or even 2) plays have yielded first downs, the ensuing "injury" may well be bogus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom