crap! per Axe high 30s expected by | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

crap! per Axe high 30s expected by

12 noon I thought

Yea, it was. Still, it was a Saturday and maybe there was some Paulus effect. Certainly some Marrone effect.

RE: "No. It is only on ESPN3 I think."

TWCNY has been advertizing that they will have pregame @ 7 PM, the game at 8 PM & a postgame show.

Link

minny was a saturday afternoon game. I was able to make that one, but I have to work (in NYC) this week and can't make a Thursday night game. I am trying to figure out which game(s) I can make it to this season.

Wasn't Minny a Saturday night?

Night classes should be canceled altogether on Thursday.
I'm shocked that they're not. I would've expected classes to be done by 5:00 at the latest.
In the past the argument against week-day games was always that there's too much game-related traffic to conduct classes.
By having a weekday game every 3-or-so years you would think that the powers that be would tweak the academic calendar just a hair to accomodate the event.

RE: I'm shocked that they're not. I would've expected classes to be done by 5:00 at the latest.
In the past the argument against week-day games was always that there's too much game-related traffic to conduct classes.
By having a weekday game every 3-or-so years you would think that the powers that be would tweak the academic calendar just a hair to accomodate the event."

9160292-standard.jpg

I thought our chancellor was football friendly?

My late class is cancelled on Thursday, but it doesn't seem that the University is being terribly accomodating. Shutting down all the pre-game activities on the Quad is a weird move - certainly not the way to make the season opener feel like a big event.

RE: "No. It is only on ESPN3 I think."

TWCNY has been advertizing that they will have pregame @ 7 PM, the game at 8 PM & a postgame show.

Link
What channel?
Channel 13 is showing the Chiefs @ Bisons.

I'll be coming up for the game from Atlanta, of course. I just wanted to see if TW would be carrying it in Wake country or not, so I thought I'd check TW's Syracuse guide first. If it's listed then I missed it.

Frustrating news.

Hopefully the CNY fan base will surprise.

Wasn't Minny a Saturday night?

Minny was a Saturday at noon. People like Saturday at noon. It's only a vocal minority on there that doesn't.

"
What channel?
Channel 13 is showing the Chiefs @ Bisons.

I'll be coming up for the game from Atlanta, of course. I just wanted to see if TW would be carrying it in Wake country or not, so I thought I'd check TW's Syracuse guide first. If it's listed then I missed it.
"

Did you scroll to Thursday? Here's a copy & paste

Syracuse Sidelines
  • Thursday 7:30pm - 8:00pm
  • 13 TWSYSPO

• Series
Weekly conversations with the head coaches from Syracuse University.
Full show info

College Football - Wake Forest at Syracuse
  • Thursday 8:00pm - 11:30pm
  • 13 TWSYSPO

• Live
No further details available.
Full show info

College Football Postgame
  • Thursday 11:30pm - 12:00am
  • 13 TWSYSPO

• Series
No further details available.
Full show info

Link

not sure I understand the concept of showing the su shot at 7:30, you are throwing the 40k in the dome away as potential viewers..
was it shown earlier the week as well?

I can't fathom there are 3-5,000 who made the Minnesota game two years ago... but can't/won't make this.

Fathom me and the four other downstate fans who were there, but aren't making it up for any weeknight games this year.

""

Did you scroll to Thursday? Here's a copy & paste

Wednesday, Thursday, what's the difference? I guess I was hoping for game day to get here a bit earlier. :)

guess this little thursday night expirement was an epic failure, cnyers offically dont give a flying F.

might as well put the game on real tv then.

let the cnyers watch just like the rest of the country, from their couches.
:noidea:

This afternoon AD Gross seemed to question the Axeman's source on the radio and indicated the crowd would be over 40,000

This afternoon AD Gross seemed to question the Axeman's source on the radio and indicated the crowd would be over 40,000
Can you be more specific as to what Gross said

Axeman: We are hearing ticket sales in the high 30's is that disappointing to you?

AD Gross: "I don't know how accurate that is. I'm sure you talked to some folks. Traditionally we have a good walk up."

AD Gross then went on to talk about playing at home Labor Day weekend and they tried a differant angle. They don't want to play the first game on the road every year even though its the last weekend for people to go boating or go to the NYS Fair.

AD Gross said, "I believe we will have a strong walk up and we will be in the 40's."

Link: http://www.thescore1260.com/FlashPlayer/default.asp?SPID=23348&ID=2274053

I remember someone who seemed to be in the know, posting a few weeks ago that sales were in the low to mid 30's at that time. Since then, everyone has been guessing. I think in the end, we will get to 40.
OK Bees I hope you are correct If they can't hit 40K they may as well make the admission free . At least they sell dogs and beer log with overpriced soda.

No. It is only on ESPN3 I think.
That is correct. Its an "exclusive thanks to Dr. Gross. The school loses on all points television $ and the gate $ All we can hold out some hope for is the team winning the game. Ouch,this is going to hurt badly. A kick in the groin kind of hurt.

That is correct. Its an "exclusive thanks to Dr. Gross. The school loses on all points television $ and the gate $ All we can hold out some hope for is the team winning the game. Ouch,this is going to hurt badly. A kick in the groin kind of hurt.

I agree with Bees. We will somehow end up with 40K. I think we will see tickets being given out to some soldiers and other places around the area to help us get to that number.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom