crap! per Axe high 30s expected by | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

crap! per Axe high 30s expected by

Axeman: We are hearing ticket sales in the high 30's is that disappointing to you?

AD Gross: "I don't know how accurate that is. I'm sure you talked to some folks. Traditionally we have a good walk up."

AD Gross then went on to talk about playing at home Labor Day weekend and they tried a differant angle. They don't want to play the first game on the road every year even though its the last weekend for people to go boating or go to the NYS Fair.

AD Gross said, "I believe we will have a strong walk up and we will be in the 40's."

Link: http://www.thescore1260.com/FlashPlayer/default.asp?SPID=23348&ID=2274053
many thanks

I agree with Bees. We will somehow end up with 40K. I think we will see tickets being given out to some soldiers and other places around the area to help us get to that number.

CUSE gave out tickets to a lot of pee wee teams and the like last year. It seemed like there was always groups wandering around. I am all for this the week of the game... Loud fans (kids) excited to be in the Dome!

guess this little thursday night expirement was an epic failure, cnyers offically dont give a flying F.
I think the lesson learned here is that if you're going to move the date of a game, do it early enough so that you can get a TV slot. This game's move was so late that there were no slots left.

They have their reasons for moving the game... it's a shame that they didn't address this sooner. Don't be surprised to see more non-Saturday opening home games. Hopefully these will be scheduled properly the first time around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom