Crazy Karl Hess Story | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Crazy Karl Hess Story

It was my understanding that a board called "syracusefan" would be administrated by "fans". I was wrong in this assumption.

So this is a board for Syracuse fans owned and operated by a university trustee. That's fine, just changes my opinion of this board.

Dude. Give it up. CTO is Mrs. SU and one of the biggest syracuse fans out there. You might help yourself if you educate yourself on who she actually is.

It was my understanding that a board called "syracusefan" would be administrated by "fans". I was wrong in this assumption.

So this is a board for Syracuse fans owned and operated by a university trustee. That's fine, just changes my opinion of this board.
you are quite mistaken. cto is merely an admin. this syracuse board is in fact owned and operated by a UConn fan. that should make you feel a lot better

:bang:

You should google "sco ut.com" (take out the space) they have a fine syracuse board there, that may be more to your liking. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Let's start all over again.

I started syracusefan.com 15 years ago with two UConn fans ... because there was no place for sane, intelligent discussion of SU sports. I have NO ownership position in it... I am just an admin... who, along with TEN other volunteers moderates these boards 24/7 ... to prevent them from turning into a sewer like the forum on syracuse.com

We admins/moderators also supply content (note daily contributions of sutomcat, orangeXtreme, Cuse Legacy et al) and set up and moderate chat rooms.

I fail to see what my position on the Board of Trustees has to do with any of this. If you had been around here for more than a month, you might have noticed (if you were observant) that I NEVER participate in threads regarding university policy or plans because I do not want my participation in such a thread to be misinterpreted.

Since everyone here (except obviously you) apparently knows I am a member of the Board of Trustees, I just thought I'd share what I thought was a cute somewhat related Hess story. Maybe I shouldn't have bothered.

Last edited:
He also got into it with a Syracuse trustee after his wretched officiating at the NCAA game against Marquette in Cleveland in 2011. But since the trustee might have provoked him by walking up to his table in a restaurant and telling him what she thought of his officiating...maybe she's a bit culpable (for which she is totally unapologetic).
That is some of the finest cto banter I've ever seen. :D

Why is there such a backlash to my questions here? Are members not allowed to clarify who in fact owns this board?

I appreciate the transparency.

Well, if you don't like it... there's an easy solution.

goodbye2.jpg

I started this board 15 years ago ... because there was no place for sane, intelligent discussion of SU sports. I have NO ownership position in it... I am just an admin... who, along with TEN other volunteers moderates these board 24/7 ... to prevent them from turning into a sewer like the forum on syracuse.com

We also supply content (note daily contributions of sutomcat, orangeXtreme, Cuse Legacy et al) and set up and moderate chat rooms.

I fail to see what my position on the Board of Trustees has to do with any of this. If you had been around here for more than a month, you might have noticed (if you were observant) that I NEVER participate in threads regarding university policy or plans because I do not want my participation in such a thread to be misinterpreted.

200.gif

I started this board 15 years ago with two UConn fans ... because there was no place for sane, intelligent discussion of SU sports. I have NO ownership position in it... I am just an admin... who, along with TEN other volunteers moderates these boards 24/7 ... to prevent them from turning into a sewer like the forum on syracuse.com

We admins/moderators also supply content (note daily contributions of sutomcat, orangeXtreme, Cuse Legacy et al) and set up and moderate chat rooms.

Don't you worry about nothin. Nothin. We appreciate you. Don't be lured into it.

Anyone that let's their emotions take over like that while officiating should pick another profession.

KingOnuaku said:
Why is there such a backlash to my questions here? Are members not allowed to clarify who in fact owns this board? I appreciate the transparency.
You are most certainly not allowed to question those individuals that JB specifically identifies in his autobiography by name as integral donors and contributors to the program.

Temery is a diff story. :) temery.

He also got into it with a Syracuse trustee after his wretched officiating at the NCAA game against Marquette in Cleveland in 2011. But since the trustee might have provoked him by walking up to his table in a restaurant and telling him what she thought of his officiating...maybe she's a bit culpable (for which she is totally unapologetic).

cto: "yo hess, why u suck at being a referee? you need some glasses?? you tool"

hess: "excuse me??"

cto: "you heard me. you suck balls. go back to referee school!"

at this point hess started crying as cto dumped water on his head

The overly defensive response from this board's members has been absurd.

Someone calls me an idiot and my response is deleted? What?

KingOnuaku said:
The overly defensive response from this board's members has been absurd. Someone calls me an idiot and my response is deleted? What?
I think you making a deal out of CTO being a trustee and this a "different" board is strange. If you don't like the board, don't post...right?

Dude. Give it up. CTO is Mrs. SU and one of the biggest syracuse fans out there. You might help yourself if you educate yourself on who she actually is.

Whoooooah...when did we elect Mrs. SU??? I'm not saying I would throw my hat in for that title since I'm a male....but I'm not saying I wouldn't either. Hmmm...

Don't believe the two distinctions are mutually exclusive

Why is there such a backlash to my questions here? Are members not allowed to clarify who in fact owns this board?

I appreciate the transparency.
Go back and reread your posts - and try to imagine you are reading them for the first time and from another poster. They came across (at least to me) as accusatory and suspicious. Apologies if that's not how they were meant, but that's how I heard them in my head.

I started this board 15 years ago with two UConn fans ... because there was no place for sane, intelligent discussion of SU sports. I have NO ownership position in it... I am just an admin... who, along with TEN other volunteers moderates these boards 24/7 ... to prevent them from turning into a sewer like the forum on syracuse.com

Since everyone here (except obviously you) apparently knows I am a member of the Board of Trustees, I just thought I'd share what I thought was a cute somewhat related Hess story. Maybe I shouldn't have bothered.

I didn't know that you were a trustee...not that it matters to me (and I also haven't been here a long time either)

Personally, I enjoy posts with personal stories/relevance tossed in.

remind me some time to tell you about my "conversation" with SU Alum Bob Costas on the corner of 62/Lex the evening after 9/11