Crean out at IU | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Crean out at IU

Those who count the money at UCLA love Alford - attendance is way up from last year, they're filling the house for conference games and the students have come back to Pauley. In L.A., because there's no shortage of fun things to do, the fact that he's put fannies in seats is very important. And, he's competing well with Arizona in recruiting and has slowed down the migration of good local talent to Oregon. Let's not underestimate how much the locals love his style of play - fast and exciting and fun to watch. He's brought showtime back to L.A. with big time talent at the same time as the Lakers stink.

Also it's not only in SoCal that people are paying attention to UCLA, it's also in NorCal because Stanford and Cal are boring and they stink.
Angeleno here, and I have to say I don't agree with this . . . he's up for the moment but that has not been his normal state. Coming into this season, he'd wrung up 30+ losses in the prior two seasons. If he was not quite on the hot seat, he was close to it. And he's not that far off it even yet - just this morning on the Keyshawn/Jorge/LZ show, they were saying that if he doesn't get this team to at least the Sweet 16 he might be gone. That's crazy, I know, but UCLA supporters have super high expectations

Surprised so many people think Alford is the hire and Indiana is a top job. It's not the top job in the Big 10 IMO. Their facilities aren't great. They haven't won a national title since Duke won their first. I think Duke kind of replaced them at the top of the blue blood pecking order.

Alford is probably one bad year from being fired at UCLA. I don't think he's a great coach, just a great recruiter. They would be better off going after Archie Miller or everyones favorite Gregg Marshall.

Surprised so many people think Alford is the hire and Indiana is a top job. It's not the top job in the Big 10 IMO. Their facilities aren't great. They haven't won a national title since Duke won their first. I think Duke kind of replaced them at the top of the blue blood pecking order.

Alford is probably one bad year from being fired at UCLA. I don't think he's a great coach, just a great recruiter. They would be better off going after Archie Miller or everyones favorite Gregg Marshall.
correct
(and I hope they do get Marshall so I can go on hating IU just as much as I currently do)

Probably figured that since he has to find his cuddles from a different coach now, he might as well get paid at the same time.

I guess Archie isn't the hugger that Tom was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom