Crean out at IU | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Crean out at IU

As I've mentioned before, my dad is an Iowa grad and I have heard and read multiple reports of the same thing about Alford. I wasn't too impressed with how he handled the Pierre Pierce situation either.

wait, you don't think it was a good idea for Alford to contact Pierce's sexual assault victim and ask her to pray with him? Alford is a stooge. IU would be insane to try and bring him in, he did a good job bringing in the class he brought in this year, but he is still a stiff in my eyes.

Illinois should grab Crean. He would be an upgrade for them.

that scream you just heard was half of my neighbors who are Illinois grads. Man does Illinois need to step up their game, a guy who can actually recruit Chicago. Northwestern got it right, they can't seem to get it right.

crean_04_21_2014.jpg

well, again, he's bought himself a little time now after the freshmen class he got this year... but a large % of the "people that matter" are still quite skeptical

Don't know where you're getting your info from but that's not how it's being reported out here. Competition for the entertainment dollar in L.A. is very important. When Hollywood shows up for your games, as it is now in Pauley, you're golden.

One reason Howland and Lavin fell out of favor is their style of play didn't fill the arena. Alford's does, at least right now. L.A. is quite different than any other college basketball setting, with maybe Miami an exception but they don't exactly fill up their arena. Also, don't forget that Wooden, whose spirit lives in Pauley, was from Indiana - lots of old time locals see that line of tradition and history through Alford.

I'm not saying he's staying or going - who knows? But as for his unpopularity in L.A. -- he's plenty popular among the people that matter, at least for now. He wins, he fills the house and he's got an uptempo L.A. style. What's not to like?

We do well against Crean, but the dude isn't a bad coach. You'd think he was the worst coach in the history of college basketball the way he's spoken about around here.

Well, I can't say the label doesn't have some validity. He had five days to prepare for us and his team came out like they weren't expecting Boeheim to throw a zone at them.

Also he had D-Wade.

Having said that, THEY WON THE BIG TEN LAST YEAR. When it wasn't a flaming dumpster fire.

Mick Cronin would be a good get for Indiana or Illinois.

Thomas Bryant to Cuse. With Crean gone he could transfer to a school that is close to his family and be eligible immediately.

Boeheim.
Not my understanding of the rules. Do you have a source?

Spoke with an "insider" from Duke (via Raycom) today.
Post Coach K, Brey is choice number 1 at Duke.
He's a "Duke system" guy with ties to that program, and has been proven at a "similar" institution at ND- ie; private school, etc.
Makes sense. Great coach who has long track record. Safer hire than Collins/Capel at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom