Crean out at IU | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Crean out at IU

He'd have to sit a year which I doubt he'd do.

He would get a waiver because of the firing and transferring closer to home. This has happened before. If crean wasn't fired then he would have to sit but because of the circumstances it could work.

Would Jimmy B leave if IU gave him a 4 year contract?

jimb.jpg

Thomas Bryant to Cuse. With Crean gone he could transfer to a school that is close to his family and be eligible immediately. We're an hour down the road. 2 days ago he was asked if he couldn't play for Crean, then who would he like to play for?

Boeheim.

Do you follow the sport of college basketball? There isn't one reason why this would happen.

I'm all for efficiency...but there's so much more vitriol when there's a Thompson around to despise.
JTIII will be lucky to be coaching in DII next season.

Andy Katz is pushing Tony Bennett.

I went to UVA and can tell you that I can't think of too many fan bases that love their coach more than UVA loves Bennett. This would rip their hearts out.

For some perspective, here is Tom Crean's record over the last 5 seasons side-by-side with Coach Boeheim:

Crean: 110-60 (.647%), 3 NCAA Tournaments, 2 Sweet 16s, 2 Big Ten championships (outright)

Boeheim: 118-57 (.674%), 3 NCAA Tournaments, 2 Final Fours, 0 ACC championships.

For some perspective, here is Tom Crean's record over the last 5 seasons side-by-side with Coach Boeheim:

Crean: 110-60 (.647%), 3 NCAA Tournaments, 2 Sweet 16s, 2 Big Ten championships (outright)

Boeheim: 118-57 (.674%), 3 NCAA Tournaments, 2 Final Fours, 0 ACC championships.

Which is why coaches know that the only thing that really matters is how they perform in the Dance.

He would get a waiver because of the firing and transferring closer to home. This has happened before. If crean wasn't fired then he would have to sit but because of the circumstances it could work.

It is very very rare for the NCAA give a transfer waiver and not have to sit. The couple of times I can think of it happening was when the player originally went to play for their father and then the father got fired. They were able to convince the NCAA that the ONLY reason they went to the original school was to play for dad.

and we have a Winner...

It is very very rare for the NCAA give a transfer waiver and not have to sit. The couple of times I can think of it happening was when the player originally went to play for their father and then the father got fired. They were able to convince the NCAA that the ONLY reason they went to the original school was to play for dad.

I believe the NCAA has done away with transfer waivers.

I don't think you can compare winning the the Big 10 to winning in the ACC/ old BIG East. That 2013 team we had that went to the FF might have won the Big 10 had we been in that conference.

Most annoying trait for Crean is how we would walk all up and down the bench during plays.

He would start near midcourt and would walk all the way to the end of the bench on the possession near his basket.

And half our fans can't see JB leave soon enough!

I was in Iowa City while he was in Iowa and I never heard one nice thing about him or his family. Perhaps people had great experiences, but everyone I knew seemed to loathe him as a person. FWIW.

As I've mentioned before, my dad is an Iowa grad and I have heard and read multiple reports of the same thing about Alford. I wasn't too impressed with how he handled the Pierre Pierce situation either.

As I've mentioned before, my dad is an Iowa grad and I have heard and read multiple reports of the same thing about Alford. I wasn't too impressed with how he handled the Pierre Pierce situation either.

Those who count the money at UCLA love Alford - attendance is way up from last year, they're filling the house for conference games and the students have come back to Pauley. In L.A., because there's no shortage of fun things to do, the fact that he's put fannies in seats is very important. And, he's competing well with Arizona in recruiting and has slowed down the migration of good local talent to Oregon. Let's not underestimate how much the locals love his style of play - fast and exciting and fun to watch. He's brought showtime back to L.A. with big time talent at the same time as the Lakers stink.

Also it's not only in SoCal that people are paying attention to UCLA, it's also in NorCal because Stanford and Cal are boring and they stink.

Those who count the money at UCLA love Alford - attendance is way up from last year, they're filling the house for conference games and the students have come back to Pauley. In L.A., because there's no shortage of fun things to do, the fact that he's put fannies in seats is very important. And, he's competing well with Arizona in recruiting and has slowed down the migration of good local talent to Oregon. Let's not underestimate how much the locals love his style of play - fast and exciting and fun to watch. He's brought showtime back to L.A. with big time talent at the same time as the Lakers stink.

Also it's not only in SoCal that people are paying attention to UCLA, it's also in NorCal because Stanford and Cal are boring and they stink.
well, again, he's bought himself a little time now after the freshmen class he got this year... but a large % of the "people that matter" are still quite skeptical

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom