Credit Card Doug | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Credit Card Doug

he's wrong. a "bubble" team winning proves the committee made a good choice.

No he's wrong in the sense that we belonged in this tournament because the committee looked at our BoW and determined we were good enough.

He's right in the sense that winning doesn't prove that we belong or not. By that logic Virginia and Arizona didn't belong in the tournament. Thats absurd.

Finally a hot take: These thirsty Syracuse fans going to people like Gottlieb and Bomani Jones on twitter seeking validation are pathetic and orders of magnitude worse than the former two.

No he's wrong in the sense that we belonged in this tournament because the committee looked at our BoW and determined we were good enough.

He's right in the sense that winning doesn't prove that we belong or not. By that logic Virginia and Arizona didn't belong in the tournament. Thats absurd.

Finally a hot take: These thirsty Syracuse fans going to people like Gottlieb and Bomani Jones on twitter seeking validation are pathetic and orders of magnitude worse than the former two.
I don't agree with the hot take. It is important to stand up to injustice. To jack offs as well.

Bomani jones was talking trash all afternoon about jb... i think he may have jumped gottlieb in the most hated category
Not surprised. Jones is a much bigger piece of crap than Gottlieb.
I think Bomani is more of a character/sensationalist who might not genuinely believe everything he says. Doug is just dim-witted.
No, Jones is much worse than Gottlieb. Gottlieb is at least somewhat capable of self-reflection and deprecation. Jones truly believes that everything he says is gospel and will block anyone who doesn't agree.

The logic doesn't apply to all teams. Virginia and Arizona were safely in the field. They didn't need to prove anything. It's different for bubble teams.

For the record, I don't think ASU and UCLA losing means they didn't belong.

Not surprised. Jones is a much bigger piece of crap than Gottlieb.

No, Jones is much worse than Gottlieb. Gottlieb is at least somewhat capable of self-reflection and deprecation. Jones truly believes that everything he says is gospel and will block anyone who doesn't agree.
He doesn't believe Stevie Wonder is blind. 'Nuff said.

Your logic is flawed.

Winning proves that they can compete and advance, which means they belong.

Losing fails to prove that a school can compete and advance, but half the schools have to lose, so it doesn't prove that they don't belong. It only proves that they might not belong, which necessitates an examination of the rest of their body of work (which schools like UVA have in spades).

Last edited:

Absolutely. Says more about those complaining that it does about the hot take artists.

No that's not the logic. Of course UVA and Arizona belonged. The logic is around the bubble teams that did or did not get in. Syracuse has more than proved they deserved the bid by the metrics that got them in like SOS. ASU proved that maybe they didn't deserve the bid.

Look, if Syracuse had lost their play-in Doogie would be screaming the loudest - "see I told you so"

Absolutely. Says more about those complaining that it does about the hot take artists.

Probably true but those two are very inviting targets so I can understand that side of it as well.

No that's not the logic. Of course UVA and Arizona belonged. The logic is around the bubble teams that did or did not get in. Syracuse has more than proved they deserved the bid by the metrics that got them in like SOS. ASU proved that maybe they didn't deserve the bid.

Look, if Syracuse had lost their play-in Doogie would be screaming the loudest - "see I told you so"

Both ASU and SU deserved where they were placed based on the metrics that the committee uses just as Uva deserved where they were placed based on the same metrics.. Our run doesn't validate that selection any more than ASU's loss invalidates their selection. Because it doesn't need to validated! We were worthy! Insecure people being insecure.

And come on. Don't use DG to support your take. Of course he'd be screaming the loudest because he's trolling. He'd also be wrong.

Meanwhile, I haven't seen a single national article or radio take that hasn't included the words about Syracuse "who many think don't deserve to be here" or "who I still think shouldn't have gotten in", etc. My question is: does this happen to other teams? Did VCU get this when they went from First Four to Final Four? Would Arizona State be getting this if they did what we have done? I'm not sure I understand the universal hatred for Syracuse. I guess it is the "perversion" of the Cinderella story that happens every time we get a double digit seed (all two times). I heard an XM radio interview with Kevin Harlan this morning where he referred to Syracuse as a blue blood twice. Yet we are an 11 seed. I guess it rubs people the wrong way.

But the whole conversation about Syracuse is always in the negative sense. UNC was feel good story of redemption last year. That is for a monolithic overdog program in the midst of the biggest academic scandal in the history of college athletics getting their 6th National Title?? How is that a feel good story? Look at the stats shown about SU in the Michigan State game - they highlight our clown show offensive rankings, never mention that we our defensive rankings are elite and continually refer to our style of play as some kind of grand gimmick. No wonder teams like TCU think they should smash us. It is really a bizarre thing.

I will say that this year there is a small smattering of respect in the coverage along the lines of "they don't deserve to be here but give them credit for xx" as opposed to 2016 when it was unadulterated hatred for the entire tournament run.

Going to guess complaining about Cuse generates a lot of clicks for those guys. The people clicking are suckers. I stay away.

Exactly. I don't get how people fall for it every year. It's not like him or the national media whining about Syracuse is going to magically remove them from the tournament or take the wins away. Let the accomplishments speak for themselves, and take satisfaction in knowing that us prevailing is getting under their skin more than Cuse fans responding to a tweet. This is what they thrive on; it makes them relevant again. Sure it's annoying, but they are more annoyed that we're here!

Agree with the hot take.
After we were selected it seems some SU fans were almost apologizing for us getting in.
We didn't need to apologize then, and we don't need validation now. We are Syracuse Basketball...nuff' said.
The media trolls are trolling the fanbase for clicks, and the very insecure among us are obliging.
Bomani isn't stupid, he understands how this works & he wants a piece of Gottdweeb's action. So why oblige him?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom