Credit to Cuse fans | Syracusefan.com

Credit to Cuse fans

billsin01

All American
I generally am pretty tough on Cuse fans and the fan experience at Syracuse in general. Football pales in comparison to most other venues I've attended, I hate hoops in a huge, cavernous mostly empty (even with 30K fans in it) dome.

But, I have to give cuse fans credit, they are pretty knowledgeable. We may think we know more than we actually do, but you have to give credit after a moment like the huge cheer that went up after Cooney hit that three. There are plenty of fan bases around the country who might not know the 9th man on their roster and certainly would not be aware of the context surrounding his shooting slump.

The fact that the entire dome (at least that's how it sounded on TV) knew just how badly Cooney needed that 3 is pretty impressive.

i think you misinterpreted. that cheer was for tacos.

there are some things that Americans will always love: baseball, hot dogs, apple pies, and white guys who shoot threes

I generally am pretty tough on Cuse fans and the fan experience at Syracuse in general. Football pales in comparison to most other venues I've attended, I hate hoops in a huge, cavernous mostly empty (even with 30K fans in it) dome.

But, I have to give cuse fans credit, they are pretty knowledgeable. We may think we know more than we actually do, but you have to give credit after a moment like the huge cheer that went up after Cooney hit that three. There are plenty of fan bases around the country who might not know the 9th man on their roster and certainly would not be aware of the context surrounding his shooting slump.

The fact that the entire dome (at least that's how it sounded on TV) knew just how badly Cooney needed that 3 is pretty impressive.

you're quite easily impressed. the kid was bricking every shot in the past few home games. you'd have to be stupid not to be aware of the context.

It's pronounced Cone-y. Gosh, you guys need to study up on your links.

I would say most rabid fan bases would know that certain players are having a shooting slump, although the casual fan may not. And yes, we were thrilled! What I heartily agree with is that I find that our basketball crowd is extremely supportive of our players and we don't sit on our hands when our team is on the ropes (like I noticed many of the Kentucky fans doing the other day when their team was losing). We stand up, clap, shriek, yell, chant and virtually will the team to make the comeback. I don't know how well it comes across on television, but it is awesome - and exhausting - to participate in it.

you're quite easily impressed. the kid was bricking every shot in the past few home games. you'd have to be stupid not to be aware of the context.

That's absolutely not true. Are you kidding? You know how many "yankees fans" can't name more than four players on the 40-man? The notion that the vast majority of fans are keenly aware of a shooting slump of a guy who is basically on the periphery of the rotation right now is pretty impressive. And you think all those fans were at all those games? That whole place went nuts. If you and your friend Igor noticed, I wouldn't be that impressed. But the whole dome? That's pretty good.

That's absolutely not true. Are you kidding? You know how many "yankees fans" can't name more than four players on the 40-man? The notion that the vast majority of fans are keenly aware of a shooting slump of a guy who is basically on the periphery of the rotation right now is pretty impressive. And you think all those fans were at all those games? That whole place went nuts. If you and your friend Igor noticed, I wouldn't be that impressed. But the whole dome? That's pretty good.
they probably think Cooney's a walk on.

BlueCurtain said:
you're quite easily impressed. the kid was bricking every shot in the past few home games. you'd have to be stupid not to be aware of the context.​

Right on cue with the rash comment and unwelcome burn. Eerily similar to herpes.

I'm shocked Blue Curtain posted this. He usually waits around until SU loses to make his presence known.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom