Crowd for Raymond James ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Crowd for Raymond James ...

The last hoops game was at the Times Forum which holds about 20k ... can't remember how many SU fans showed and what the attendance was, but it was a lot.
Thanks for that i tried to post that but got screwed up and lost it but remember seeing numbers in the 10000 range for SU fans JB said he thought it was like a home game

The last hoops game was at the Times Forum which holds about 20k ... can't remember how many SU fans showed and what the attendance was, but it was a lot.
The move to the Times Forum was due to the Sun Dome's renovation. This season's game, on January 6th, will be back in the Sun Dome:
BACK IN THE DOME
During the Bulls’ incredible run in 2011-12, they weren’t even playing at their home arena as the Sun Dome underwent a $36.5 million dollar complete renovation that turned the building into one of the top arenas in the nation. The Bulls made the Tampa Bay Times Forum, the University of Tampa and the Lakeland Center it’s home a year ago but are eager to get back to playing on campus.

Renovation was for last season. Last time SU played there was 2 seasons ago. It was moved to the forum because of high ticket demand. Not sure if they'll do that again.

Thanks for that i tried to post that but got screwed up and lost it but remember seeing numbers in the 10000 range for SU fans JB said he thought it was like a home game
The game was played 2/5/2011. Attendance was 10,051, more than double USF's previous high for the year (4,510 against Villanova). The big story was the turnout of SU fans. JB quote after the game:

“They all live down here. They’re not stupid. They come down here in the winter time. … I bet there was 7,000 people out there, maybe 8 (thousand) from Syracuse,” the coach said. “Today was one of the best crowds I’ve seen down here. Kind of like a home game, a little bit.”

Linkage

Hoping we can at least get 5K for this game.

In that case, USF miscalculated. The box score agrees with Tom's figure (Attendance: 10,051) which is less than the Sun Dome's capacity. Unless TV pitched in lots of $$$, USF likely missed out on revenue, unless they dialed up the ticket prices. They probably gambled on a larger turnout. They won't be repeating that experiment this year.

The Sun Dome is a unique venue with plenty of food and beverage options.

How many fans do you think we have there on Saturday? 2-3k? or more? I was last there in 2006...and I thought we had about 2-3k then.
Mark there were more then 3k but most of the Orange fans didn't sit in the SU section. I remember being amazed at how many syracuse fans were there and that was a GRob team.