Cto | Syracusefan.com

Cto

goodroc

Starter
Shouldn't u be in some sort of top secret emergency meeting?? And no I'm not joking.

Well, I'm sitting here drinking a glass of Pinot Noir and marveling at some of the things being posted on this board. But I did enjoy reading SWC's account of Coach K's call to Jim Boeheim's radio show on the basketball forum tonight. I highly recommend it.

Well, I'm sitting here drinking a glass of Pinot Noir and marveling at some of the things being posted on this board. But I did enjoy reading SWC's account of Coach K's call to Jim Boeheim's radio show tonight. I highly recommend it.
Willamette Valley?

Well, I'm sitting here drinking a glass of Pinot Noir and marveling at some of the things being posted on this board. But I did enjoy reading SWC's account of Coach K's call to Jim Boeheim's radio show tonight. I highly recommend it.

I don't blame you for breaking out something to drink. My head is already spinning so a drink for me does not seem like a great idea. Haha.

In all do respect. And say what you want about penn state. I have a feeling that the psu board has been in full crisis mode not reading about bb coaches radio show. Sorry.

What do you think, all of the trustees can just run up to Syracuse at the drop of a hat for meetings. Some of them have jobs, and other commitments in life. If they have anything to do with any of this it will be a couple of committee members via phone calls. Remember, the trustees do not get paid for what they do. They give a lot of their time, and are volunteers for this. Yes there is prestige, and probably some perks from the University, but it is not a paying job, and we should appreciate the time they do give to the University.
If Doug is set on leaving, then he is going to leave. That is part of the coaching carousel. If he wants to stay, he will work it out with the powers that be.
I would love for Doug to stay, but if he leaves, I appreciate where he has taken this program, and hope it is steady enough to continue forward.
Just remember some of the recent tragedies that have happened in this country... Hurricane Sandy, Newtown, and please put this in perspective, and treat each other on this board with respect.
Thanks.

I apologize. I take this very seriously. And hate when I am not in control of things I love. I Am going to bed. Sorry again no disrespect meant.

I apologize. I take this very seriously. And hate when I am not in control of things I love. I Am going to bed. Sorry again no disrespect meant.
no need

PSU BoT realized they had a serious threat to their FB program on hand with Bill O'Brien and they acted swiftly

What is SU doing?
Is SU in the same situation as PSU?

PSU values football above all else (obviously)
Where does SU stand?

no need

PSU BoT realized they had a serious threat to their FB program on hand with Bill O'Brien and they acted swiftly

What is SU doing?

Where does SU stand?
Seems like we value all else above football.

no need

What is SU doing?

Where does SU stand?
Hopefully, the syracuse BOT has a lot more integrity than PSU BOT. Of course, that wouldn't be hard.

Well, I'm sitting here drinking a glass of Pinot Noir and marveling at some of the things being posted on this board. But I did enjoy reading SWC's account of Coach K's call to Jim Boeheim's radio show on the basketball forum tonight. I highly recommend it.

A-w-e-s-o-m-e

no need

What is SU doing?

Where does SU stand?

double like. never should have even got close to this point. and i don't think this is funny one bit

no need

What is SU doing?

Where does SU stand?
O'Brien also has a $9.2M buyout, which could very well be a deal-breaker for most any NFL team.

Hilarious. Thank you.

On a lighter note, if the trustees want to fly to AZ quickly, they can all camp out at my house, and we will all stake out Marrone tomorrow, and hold an intervention!! I can probably book the room next to the one the NFL is using for the speed dating thing.

Talk about a meltdown. no one has left. Even if Marrone and TGD leave people will be hired. There will still be a competitive football team. happens.

Talk about a meltdown. no one has left. Even if Marrone and TGD leave people will be hired. There will still be a competitive football team. **** happens.
Except for the fact that we've all been exposed to the fact that our University doesn't seem to care about football (the one sport that drives everything) and we apparantly have no donors to help counter the fact that our University seems oblivious to the landscape of college athletics.

Basketball at SU earns so much, that I feel the admin takes football for granted - and their is a serious deficiency in focus and commitment to football due to the success of the hoops / lax programs.

Basketball at SU earns so much, that I feel the admin takes football for granted - and their is a serious deficiency in focus and commitment to football due to the success of the hoops / lax programs.
If SU's football went away, or tanked worse than the GRob years, Syracuse would be a nobody in the world of college athletics. And the university would make significantly less money. They need to realize this.

In all do respect. And say what you want about penn state. I have a feeling that the psu board has been in full crisis mode not reading about bb coaches radio show. Sorry.

Now we know what the PedSt BOT did? Probably no more than make a few phone calls.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Assuming that a glass of wine means nothing is happening is crazy talk.

Or maybe everything's going to work out. Or has already.

Or not. Glass half empty or half full?

no need

What is SU doing?

Where does SU stand?

Yup especially the safety of children on their campus...

That school is despicable and most of their fans think Paterno did nothing wrong. They are extremely lucky O'Brien agreed to be paid off.

Next year they will be trying to get the bowl ban overturned so they only missed 2 bowl games which is nothing. Their fans deserve to be mocked and ridiculed at any given opportunity for their refusal to take responsibility for the worst scandal in NCAA history.

SU Football is a fallen giant that is getting the shot in the arm it needs in moving to a much easier conference that happens to be looked at as superior. Its been almost a decade since Pasqualoni blew a BCS appearance to Temple. That one game destroyed SU football as we knew it since despite being on the way down BCS money and Ray Rice would have put SU back to where it belonged. A decade later we are still hurting from Paulie P losing that game.

SU Football will now automatically win at least 6 games a year in that lesser conference. Hopefully this move gives our program the boost Boston College got 8 years ago and a 10 win season in the near future. Regardless we are still waiting for our next McNabb and I think everyone knows it.

Pedo St is nothing like Syracuse and I am happy for it.

The powers at be might have to take their time naming a replacement if Marrone goes, its not ideal but they can't screw it up. Be happy Addazio already went to BC because I'd want no part of him would he have been a candidate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom