Curious: what are ticket sales looking like for NW? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Curious: what are ticket sales looking like for NW?

Right and I have a circle of casual fan friends who did not renew season's tickets because of the "injustice" of losing a premier game, like USC, in the dome and getting stony rook in return. Silly thinking, but from a scheduling perspective we had to do what we had to do at the time, we sucked.

The USC game will draw a thousand or so diehards from cny for game and then rely heavily on the NYC fanbase, the USC fans base and then the casual CFB fan..

Anectdotal, but tepid interest from my circle of SU alum friends and co-workers. Most folks seem to be assuming that we're just going to get pasted, so it's not worth a big effort to attend.

Big difference from the Pinstripe Bowl, let alone the Kickoff Classics vs. Wisconsin and Georgia Tech.

I bought 4 tickets for the family and told them all right from the get go that SU is favored to lose and we're going to have fun anyway. Have to start pushing my old fraternity brothers to buy tickets.

So, back to the original question: Does anybody know how many tickets have been sold for the Northwestern game?

So, back to the original question: Does anybody know how many tickets have been sold for the Northwestern game?
Yes, and those people work at the Dome and at Manley.
I'm sure some info will leak out as we get to the end of next week.

My query for 2 "best available" tickets yielded:
Section 319, Row K, Seats 13 - 14 at $161.10 each

Smart move...we had some people buy in 312 on the special website...I heard the 300 level tickets were not going to go out until next week...hmmm I guess it buys them time to move those 300 level tix bought to lower levels. I'm figuring 45k for the game.

But I thought that huge alumni base in NYC was gonna show us locals how to attend football games?

Anectdotal, but tepid interest from my circle of SU alum friends and co-workers. Most folks seem to be assuming that we're just going to get pasted, so it's not worth a big effort to attend.

Big difference from the Pinstripe Bowl, let alone the Kickoff Classics vs. Wisconsin and Georgia Tech.
Plus decent seats are $100 and up

But I thought that huge alumni base in NYC was gonna show us locals how to attend football games?
If the prices in the Dome were like they are at the Meadowlands, our attendance for Stony Brook would be 6.

Ummm, who on Earth ever said that?

And don't say Kaiser, you know his schtick.

My guess is that there will be 15-20K SU fans at MetLife, which is a little lower than what we had at the Pinstripe Bowl and Kickoff Classics years ago.

Ummm, who on Earth ever said that?

And don't say Kaiser, you know his schtick.

My guess is that there will be 15-20K SU fans at MetLife, which is a little lower than what we had at the Pinstripe Bowl and Kickoff Classics years ago.

Are we not getting an a$$load of money from Met Life for playing this game there?

But that sign in Yankee Stadium is working wonders and is soooooooo cool!

/sarcasm

I'll say it again, with SU basically handing out tix to the home opener against a B1G team and the lackluster ticket sales at Met Life against the #1 team in the country, maybe SU should try being Syracuse's team before it tries to take on the rest of the state and NYC.

USC should have been in the Dome this year. It would have helped season ticket sales and they could have packaged the SB game with the USC game for Non-season tickets.

I'm very glad they are getting a payout, but it sure feels like its a short term solution to a much larger problem with a need to increase butts in the Dome and energize the local fan base.

Just my 0.02 from a guy in NYC who will be attending the USC game and probably the RU game as well.

I do not think sales for NW will be that good, the only advertising I hear is for the USC game, in past would be hearing commercials to buy for the opener, butmust be they are not selling enough to make their end of the deal so have to push that game instead of creating buzz for the opener

But that sign in Yankee Stadium is working wonders and is soooooooo cool!

/sarcasm

I'll say it again, with SU basically handing out tix to the home opener against a B1G team and the lackluster ticket sales at Met Life against the #1 team in the country, maybe SU should try being Syracuse's team before it tries to take on the rest of the state and NYC.

USC should have been in the Dome this year. It would have helped season ticket sales and they could have packaged the SB game with the USC game for Non-season tickets.

I'm very glad they are getting a payout, but it sure feels like its a short term solution to a much larger problem with a need to increase butts in the Dome and energize the local fan base.

Just my 0.02 from a guy in NYC who will be attending the USC game and probably the RU game as well.

Hindsight 20/20

The MetLife deal was made before the ACC announcement.

Hindsight 20/20

The MetLife deal was made before the ACC announcement.

Not sure what you mean.

As I've stated in the past, if we agreed to certain things like this game to help us get into the ACC, I'm all for it.

However, how far is the hindsight we are talking about? We've needed to energize and re-establish the relationship with local fans for awhile now. The relationship has been steadily eroding.

And, it's not like mending the local relationship and the NY's team marketing had to be mutually exclusive.

Not sure what you mean.

As I've stated in the past, if we agreed to certain things like this game to help us get into the ACC, I'm all for it.

However, how far is hindsight we are talking about? We've needed to energize and re-establish the relationship with local fans for awhile now. The relationship has been steadily eroding.

And, it's not like mending the local relationship and the NY's team had to be mutually exclusive.

That extra $1 mil we're getting for playing this game at Met Life was alot bigger deal when we were making BE change vs ACC money.

Doesn't help local things 1 bit but at the time we needed that money alot more. Helped get the ball rolling on the facilities upgrades I'd imagine.

That extra $1 mil we're getting for playing this game at Met Life was alot bigger deal when we were making BE change vs ACC money.

Doesn't help local things 1 bit but at the time we needed that money alot more. Helped get the ball rolling on the facilities upgrades I'd imagine.

If we're 0-2 after a beat down on national tv by USC, that million dollars is going to evaporate with lost attendance for the rest of the home games.

I know that is tangential to your point, but it still is worth noting.

If we're 0-2 after a beat down on national tv by USC, that million dollars is going to evaporate with lost attendance for the rest of the home games.

I know that is tangential to your point, but it still is worth noting.

I't not arguing for the game being at Metlife, I'm just saying I understand some of the logic.

If we're 0-2, it doesn't matter where the games where played, that attendence evaporation for the rest of the year will happen regardless. Even if they combo packed the USC and Stoney Brook tickets, people would've just ate the Stoney Brook tickets and not shown up especially if we were to get housed and SU would still make less $$$$$ on that 2 game scenario than they are going to w/ the current setup.

I't not arguing for the game being at Metlife, I'm just saying I understand some of the logic.

If we're 0-2, it doesn't matter where the games where played, that attendence evaporation for the rest of the year will happen regardless. Even if they combo packed the USC and Stoney Brook tickets, people would've just ate the Stoney Brook tickets and not shown up especially if we were to get housed and SU would still make less $$$$$ on that 2 game scenario than they are going to w/ the current setup.

Right, but seasons would be higher and even if people don't show for SB, at least the money is there regardless.

With that said, I understand your original point that we needed a guaranteed payout on the books to launch endeavors.

Right, but seasons would be higher and even if people don't show for SB, at least the money is there regardless.

With that said, I understand your original point that we needed a guaranteed payout on the books to launch endeavors.

Yeah there's no real way to win in that situation. I'm of the mindset that game should've stayed in the Dome.

That being said... Metlife wasn't going to schedule a game for Syracuse without a marquee opponent and if SU balked it could be another NE team playing at Metlife instead of us and we'd be hating the exposure they got.

As with most things in life the answer is firmly in the grey vs a simple black and white

im not sure any opp has an effect on season ticket sales now that its so easy to get tickets to any game. most people are dropping out due to low expectations more than who will be coming to the dome. i still buy mine to support the team knowing its gonna be tough to get to the games and knowing full well i could sit in my seats even if i bought end zone tickets.

im not sure any opp has an effect on season ticket sales now that its so easy to get tickets to any game. most people are dropping out due to low expectations more than who will be coming to the dome. i still buy mine to support the team knowing its gonna be tough to get to the games and knowing full well i could sit in my seats even if i bought end zone tickets.

Need about 30,000 more fans just like you. My coming to games isn't effected by whether the team is likely to be 4-8 or 12-0. IF I can get to a game, I'll be there.

We could've been 0-2 with 2 home losses and w/o the million bucks as well.

If I assumed like your circl does I would have missed the historic Nebraska game. I'll be there,

Sounds like they haven't seen the signage at Yankee Stadium.

There's the trouble; we've had big-name opponents at the Dome a few times in the last decade and have seen that they don't draw well. 40,000 plus a few hundred for top-ten Florida State in 2004; maybe 45,000 or so for Penn State in 2008. Tough to see SC creating too much bump in season ticket sales this time around.

Ticket sales are going to stay flat at least until the program puts together consecutive winning seasons (and I don't ever see sell-outs returning with any regularity, but that's not really germane to the point). Outside of this group of fans, many people think the team stinks. I think they're wrong, but there's still not a lot of demand for tickets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom