curious | Syracusefan.com

curious

To what happens if Southerland never gets that fourth foul...

We win the game. Obviously. Southerland was rebounding and defending very well, not just making shots. Grant gave up about 3 of the baskets in that initial 10 point run they had. I think JB's biggest mistake was not bringing James back in when the lead was still 6.

We win the game. Obviously. Southerland was rebounding and defending very well, not just making shots. Grant gave up about 3 of the baskets in that initial 10 point run they had. I think JB's biggest mistake was not bringing James back in when the lead was still 6.
Eh. The game is closer for sure, but we still lose. Their pressure wore on us, and they started hitting their shots. A team as good as Louisville won't shoot 25% the whole game. Southerland is an easy excuse, but they outscored us by 30 in the last 15 minutes, you don't get outscored by 30 because 1 guy is on the bench.

I just think James going out coincided with their pressure really amping up. Not sure if James being in would have made a big difference. They really made us speed up the game and make some bad decisions.

also, that 4th foul was petty dumb on James' part - got to be smarter when you already have 3 on you

I think the reason they pressed with James on the bench is when a team presses and doesn't get the TO it leads to wide open 3s. (See Arkansas game) So the question is does Ricky press with James in the game and if he does do we get a hit a head 3 or 2 to end the run?

that last play of the 1st half was a bit of foreshadowing, it seems

I think the reason they pressed with James on the bench is when a team presses and doesn't get the TO it leads to wide open 3s. (See Arkansas game) So the question is does Ricky press with James in the game and if he does do we get a hit a head 3 or 2 to end the run?
They were down by 16, I think they absolutely press the way they did. JS definitely could have delayed it, but the loss was inevitable.

They were down by 16, I think they absolutely press the way they did. JS definitely could have delayed it, but the loss was inevitable.
Nothing is inevitable except death. He hits a few quick 3s and Ricky has a decision to make. No one made a shot so there was no decision to make except keep pressing. You must score against a pressing team!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom