What has changed? | Syracusefan.com

What has changed?

mark79

All Conference
1) Our AA guard Judah drives and scores or he hits Magic Maliq at the foul line or on the roll
3) All players cut and move because Maliq will find them.
4) Bell rebounds, is deadly from 3 and plays defense
5) Taylor cleans up and rebounds
6) Starling hitting 3s and midrange shots
7) Q being Q

Guess what. We’re a team!

Last edited:
1) Our AA guard Judah drives and scores or he hits Magic Maliq at the foul line or on the roll
3) All players cut and move because Maliq will find them.
4) Bell rebounds, is deadly from 3 and plays defense
5) Taylor cleans up and rebounds
6) Starling hitting 3s and midrange shots
7) Q being Q

Guess what. We’re a team!
All this and not even a mention of #2

I hate to say it, because I was the biggest fanboy around, but Williams getting kicked off the team.
It’s a tail of two teams. Great call by Red to give Benny the heave ho. Unfortunately it looks like in was a day late and a dollar short. At least we show real progress.

One thing I noticed is that early in the year, we couldn't get everybody contributing at the same time. Bell started the year scoring and shooting, but Copeland didn't do much. Then Copeland started contributing a lot and Bell completely stopped scoring.

It's important to note that Starling, Copeland, Brown, Bell, even Mintz have take huge steps forward during the year this year. Earlier on, everybody was figuring themselves out, now they all know what they can do, what each other can do, and they can focus on attacking the other team's weaknesses.

Last night pretty much anybody who had Johnson on him was going to try to score. Bell, Copeland, Starling all took turns scoring on him in their own way. Mostly Mintz abused him.

Nobody is unsure where they belong in the offense, no matter who has the ball. That is a huge difference maker. We've now come to a place where we score 82 points on 58% shooting and people complain we had a bad game.

One thing I noticed is that early in the year, we couldn't get everybody contributing at the same time. Bell started the year scoring and shooting, but Copeland didn't do much. Then Copeland started contributing a lot and Bell completely stopped scoring.

It's important to note that Starling, Copeland, Brown, Bell, even Mintz have take huge steps forward during the year this year. Earlier on, everybody was figuring themselves out, now they all know what they can do, what each other can do, and they can focus on attacking the other team's weaknesses.

Last night pretty much anybody who had Johnson on him was going to try to score. Bell, Copeland, Starling all took turns scoring on him in their own way. Mostly Mintz abused him.

Nobody is unsure where they belong in the offense, no matter who has the ball. That is a huge difference maker. We've now come to a place where we score 82 points on 58% shooting and people complain we had a bad game.
I’ve heard it said that a team is like a chain, in that it is only as strong as its weakest link. In this case, removing that weakest link allowed the rest of the links to turn into a pretty strong chain with each link knowing its purpose. Man that sounds really corny. Oh well.

6-2 last 8

131-179 from the line in that stretch

Two games we went 22-33 and 25-39 from the line (47-72)

Definitely left points off the board

6-2 last 8

131-179 from the line in that stretch

Two games we went 22-33 and 25-39 from the line (47-72)

Definitely left points off the board
You gotta wonder whether our players are tiring playing all those minutes. Well we know what JAB thinks about that don’t we.

i don't blame benny being gone as much as i credit bell finally making treys,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom