Current TV Environments | Syracusefan.com

Current TV Environments

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Big 12 show but more factual than the usually rah rah

Interesting stuff. How is Louisville #3 on that list, have I just not been paying attention, do they have that big a national or massive regional fanbase?

Interesting stuff. How is Louisville #3 on that list, have I just not been paying attention, do they have that big a national or massive regional fanbase?

Much like SU, I suspect a lot of their football fanbase is driven from their basketball brand.

There are a lot of exclusions, including all of last year.

If that was indicative of real value, why is the P10 struggling to get a TV contract? They have 3 teams higher than any B12, and 7 of 10 schools in the Top 21. While the B12 has only 4 of 12 and no team in the Top 8.

Last edited:
Louisville metro is a great FB market. Also, they might have had better time slots.

Louisville metro is a great FB market. Also, they might have had better time slots.
Name recognition players too last decade

Entertaining style of play
Bridgewater, Lamar Jackson, Cunningham

Plus, let's be honest, their uniforms are usually top notch

Name recognition players too last decade

Entertaining style of play
Bridgewater, Lamar Jackson, Cunningham

Plus, let's be honest, their uniforms are usually top notch
They look like the tail light of my 2013 Honda accord after it’s been kicked in.

I don't get their exclusions. That is a ton of games being excluded. How can you exclude regional games when ESPN's model is based on regional games? What they are doing is saying which schools are best for a national game within a merged ACC, B12, P10. It does nothing to say what you would do in the B16 or SEC, or regionally.

For instance if the average rating of a B16 game is X and your rating with these exclusions is 1/2 X, it means jack squat if you are the tallest of the teams not in the B16.

I think the number of games played is 1000x more important than these ratings. If you listen to these guys UNC has zero shot at a B12 invite let alone a B16 or SEC invite.

This is a good attempt at analyzing TV ratings, but there are some issues. For example, look at Louisville. If you go below the surface, you can see the sample is skewed to make Louisville look good.

For example, in 2022, Louisville played 12 games, yet only 4 were broadcast on one of the rated channels. The games:

1) @UCF on a Friday night on ESPN2 with 1.85 million viewers.
2) FSU at home on a Friday night on ESPN with 2.75 million viewers.
3) James Madison on ESPNU. Audience not rated.
4) Clemson on ESPN with 1.38 million viewers.

8 games on ACCN/RSN with no ratings.

So, Louisville had 2 Friday night games against no football competition and 2 games against the biggest brands in the ACC. Were people watching because it was Friday night and/or against the ACC's biggest brands? If Louisville was such a big ratings draw, they wouldn't have most of their games on the ACCN.

This is a good attempt at analyzing TV ratings, but there are some issues. For example, look at Louisville. If you go below the surface, you can see the sample is skewed to make Louisville look good.

For example, in 2022, Louisville played 12 games, yet only 4 were broadcast on one of the rated channels. The games:

1) @UCF on a Friday night on ESPN2 with 1.85 million viewers.
2) FSU at home on a Friday night on ESPN with 2.75 million viewers.
3) James Madison on ESPNU. Audience not rated.
4) Clemson on ESPN with 1.38 million viewers.

8 games on ACCN/RSN with no ratings.

So, Louisville had 2 Friday night games against no football competition and 2 games against the biggest brands in the ACC. Were people watching because it was Friday night and/or against the ACC's biggest brands? If Louisville was such a big ratings draw, they wouldn't have most of their games on the ACCN.

One could argue that the data they exclude is more important than the data that they include.

I think the data was over a 10 year period too...but not sure

I think the data was over a 10 year period too...but not sure
The data is over 10 years, but you have to look at the games that are rated. I used one year to represent that the data can be deceptive and lead to false conclusions.

The data is over 10 years, but you have to look at the games that are rated. I used one year to represent that the data can be deceptive and lead to false conclusions.
Definitely...I get mad at all the BS posts about ratings on the twittersphere. SU is treated like we draw like Duke in Football and discount hoops totally