Cuse lands another commitment for 2015 - Doyle Grimes - LB from Florida | Syracusefan.com

Cuse lands another commitment for 2015 - Doyle Grimes - LB from Florida

We are getting all these recruits but who are we really getting? I don't see one blue chip recruit out of all 22 signed whether they are from Alaska or Florida.

We are getting all these recruits but who are we really getting? I don't see one blue chip recruit out of all 22 signed whether they are from Alaska or Florida.

Be patient. 5 or 6 guys in this group are going to blow up. Kelly and Strickland are both awesome too. though I think Blair will be the killer of this class.

Reactions: 007
Gotta love these posts. They've got 22 kids they targeted and it's July 5th !! Don't you get any enthusiasm from that?

How many committed recruits do we have? Today, I've read 22, 21, 20 and 18.

Who are the 2014 players in this class, if any?

Just because someone isn't considered "blue chip" by one of the services doesn't mean he isn't going to be a very good player. SU hasn't really been in the running for blue chip players over the last 15 years.

These kids are they getting are fits for the systems our coaches are running right now. All athletic kids who can run and cover space. The coaching staff is stoked about every kid they've landed so far so take it FWIW.

Dcuse said:
Gotta love these posts. They've got 22 kids they targeted and it's July 5th !! Don't you get any enthusiasm from that?
Puts us in the driver's seat for next year's class as well. I remember Shafer talking about how he wants to get out in front recruiting which allows us to get on kids early and if we have decommits (which we will) we have time to replace in the class.

Puts us in the driver's seat for next year's class as well. I remember Shafer talking about how he wants to get out in front recruiting which allows us to get on kids early and if we have decommits (which we will) we have time to replace in the class.

and also having a junior day since this class should be solid to allow staff a junior day

How many committed recruits do we have? Today, I've read 22, 21, 20 and 18.

Who are the 2014 players in this class, if any?

From the Post-Standard:

Grimes is the 22nd player to join Syracuse's 2015 recruiting class, a group that includes 20 high school seniors, 2014 holdover Lamar Dawson and an unknown player who has informed the staff of his intention to publicly commit at a later date.

So, it's 21 recruits (one of them still a silent), plus Dawson from 2014. Prater and KJ Williams aren't being mentioned until their status is cleared up (Prep or JUCO).

From the Post-Standard:

Grimes is the 22nd player to join Syracuse's 2015 recruiting class, a group that includes 20 high school seniors, 2014 holdover Lamar Dawson and an unknown player who has informed the staff of his intention to publicly commit at a later date.

are kj Williams and prater counted toward current year?

Our recruiting approach and philosophy have totally changed.

Loads of early commits. Not all of them highly-recruited. Lots from the south.

Which means, I think, that we'll be mostly in 'circle the wagons' mode going forward. Try to keep the guys we've got, and, at most, go after, what, about three more?

Our recruiting approach and philosophy have totally changed.

Loads of early commits. Not all of them highly-recruited. Lots from the south.

Which means, I think, that we'll be mostly in 'circle the wagons' mode going forward. Try to keep the guys we've got, and, at most, go after, what, about three more?

and get started on 2016 like all the good recruiting teams do now a days

I get excited that we have 22...I guess I'll just have to wait and see if they are any good on the field. I really don't understand why we can't get better kids to come here. With a new practice field and being in the ACC it should be an easier sell now.

Orangefan1 said:
I get excited that we have 22...I guess I'll just have to wait and see if they are any good on the field. I really don't understand why we can't get better kids to come here. With a new practice field and being in the ACC it should be an easier sell now.
What pisses me off is that we have such recruiting talent on the sidelines, while the SUAD wastes money for the same job. It's not like Shafer has ever identified a player who was drafted.