Cuse-Missouri 2012 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse-Missouri 2012

I had a bad feeling about that game from the start, and I've got witnesses.

But we did get props from Chandler, so that was nice.
Bizarre game. The presence of Chandler was only the start of the weirdness...

Bizarre game. The presence of Chandler was only the start of the weirdness...
Wait. Chandler Jones showed up to Quaker Steak and Lube that night? I never heard that story.

Goosebumps. Making the trip for this game provided one of my more memorable moments as a fan. Thanks for posting.
I was there as well. Only the second football game I've been to since I graduated.

Our offense was humming at the end of that season, top 20 offense. We had experience and chemistry and Hackett was pushing all the right buttons!

Wait, really? Hackett offered him the playbook?

Ugh, took me a while to find the article, but Hackett and Mcdonald knew each other from Stanford. I'm was making the logical inference that "system" would include access to the playbook.

Shafer publicly introduces new coordinators, assistants from past jobs at Northern Illinois, Western Michigan

"Former Syracuse offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett left the Orange early this month to join Doug Marrone and the Buffalo Bills, but his system will remain in place. McDonald and Hackett worked together at Stanford and developed a philosophy together on how to learn offense."

One of my favorite games from the Marrone era. One of the few times in this century that I had complete confidence that we would win, even though the odds were stacked against us.

jekelish(?) trolling the Mizzou board with that Alec Lemon is still open post the Wednesday after.

I have yet to see another instance where the Athletic Director was the lone person to congratulate the scoring player in the endzone at a road game.

Last edited:
Had the opportunity to attend this game, there was maybe 100 Syracuse fans jammed (most family members) above the CUSE tunnel. Didn't get the whole SEC experience as the Mizzou students were off that week and very few of them were at the game.

What a finish though and so glad I was able to attend!

Finwad32 said:
And people would be amazed if the knew how close it was to never happening.

Probably not too amazed. There was a widely discussed piece that was published during that season that detailed how Marrone scrapped the O last minute for what they ended up running.

He owes his NFL offensive line coaching career to that prescient decision. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom