Cuse-Missouri 2012 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse-Missouri 2012

One of my favorite games from the Marrone era. One of the few times in this century that I had complete confidence that we would win, even though the odds were stacked against us.

So far that's the only football game I've been able to attend live. I can't tell you how exciting that ending was to watch live.

I almost don't want to risk my undefeated record but I have to see a game in the Dome so coming up for Louisville this year.

Alec Lemon was an uncover able monster that day. How he was left virtually uncovered on our final TD boggles my mind to this day.
With TGD there to congratulate him.

Libero2 said:
Alec Lemon was an uncover able monster that day. How he was left virtually uncovered on our final TD boggles my mind to this day.

Out schemed them. Their secondary was a boondoggle.

Get used to more of that ;)

So far that's the only football game I've been able to attend live. I can't tell you how exciting that ending was to watch live.

I almost don't want to risk my undefeated record but I have to see a game in the Dome so coming up for Louisville this year.
you picked a good one! glad you got to see it

i don't want to think about their record in games i've attended. even post gerg, it's pretty terrible

you picked a good one! glad you got to see it

i don't want to think about their record in games i've attended. even post gerg, it's pretty terrible

Since 2008 I've been able to make it to at least 2 games a year. In that time, I have been in the dome for exactly two wins. One was Colgate, and one was the Toledo game in '11 where we got credit for the missed PAT.

I remember watching the end of this game and just had a feeling we were going to get it done. Lemon was amazing that day.

I just watched the final drive and the announcer kept saying how Marrone was taking such a "gamble" by going for it on 4th & 10 from the Mizzou 36. I'm sorry, but sending Krautman out for a 53 yarder to tie it with under a minute to go seems like a bigger gamble than going for it. Especially with the way Nassib was picking apart the defense all night.

2012 was a blast. But we had so many missed opportunities that year as well. I'll never forget the dropped pick from Esk against Cincy...
Wasn't it Reddish?

I'll never forget the 3rd quarter against USC, where it dawned on me that we actually had a chance to win that game. If we had played that game in November, we would have rolled them, especially after Barkley got hurt.

Was with a contingent
One of my favorite games from the Marrone era. One of the few times in this century that I had complete confidence that we would win, even though the odds were stacked against us.

was with a large contingent of good friends from Syracusefan.com at Quaker steak n lube, where all the democrats and Repubs amongst us were all together Kumbaya style to watch and drink together. Was with Go96 at the bar at the end and when Lemon catches that pass on the wheel route I literally dropped to my knees with happiness knowing the GRob days were behind with an over the hump feeling and that at the very least the general trend would be in more positive direction going forward. What a moment, thanks for posting.

2012 was a blast. But we had so many missed opportunities that year as well. I'll never forget the dropped pick from Esk against Cincy...

I'll never forget that opener. To come that far back and then give up the game winning drive like that. Excruciating.

Left the Dome happy and sad.

Mostly happy because Millhouse didn't go.

Reddish dropped the pick six. My main memory of Eskridge that day was his olé tackle on the tight end. Don't forget West dropping the corner TD. Ugh, and then the fluky goal line fumble/touch back controversy.

Reddish dropped the pick six. My main memory of Eskridge that day was his olé tackle on the tight end. Don't forget West dropping the corner TD. Ugh, and then the fluky goal line fumble/touch back controversy.
And the hand off to pass to Travis Kelce.

Cinci was a brutal game... They had their Dual Threat QB, I think his name was Munchie or something, getting rocked. Pulled him early and completely different ball game.

I'll never forget that opener. To come that far back and then give up the game winning drive like that. Excruciating.

Left the Dome happy and sad.

Mostly happy because Millhouse didn't go.
i'm pretty sure i was there for that. i went to rutgers with a 1 year old at the time. that might've been it for me that year

Thanks. I had thought that we had turned the corner then Marrone left.

Cuseregular said:
Was with a contingent was with a large contingent of good friends from Syracusefan.com at Quaker steak n lube, where all the democrats and Repubs amongst us were all together Kumbaya style to watch and drink together. Was with Go96 at the bar at the end and when Lemon catches that pass on the wheel route I literally dropped to my knees with happiness knowing the GRob days were behind with an over the hump feeling and that at the very least the general trend would be in more positive direction going forward. What a moment, thanks for posting.

That was a fun night. Even Jeremy was happy post game.

Ha

Yep that was a good time.

I thought they lost that game a couple of times.

It really looked bad in the 1st quarter. Wondered if we would ever stop them. Then we did. Again and again.

Probably not worth it to unearth the game thread from that night. Especially if WildJ is still reading the board.

It really looked bad in the 1st quarter. Wondered if we would ever stop them. Then we did. Again and again.

Probably not worth it to unearth the game thread from that night. Especially if WildJ is still reading the board.

I'd expect bridges to be under repair.

Cinci was a brutal game... They had their Dual Threat QB, I think his name was Munchie or something, getting rocked. Pulled him early and completely different ball game.

I had a bad feeling about that game from the start, and I've got witnesses.

But we did get props from Chandler, so that was nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom