Cuse opens -2.5 over NC State.. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse opens -2.5 over NC State..

I dont know if I’ve seen this mentioned anywhere yet, but there won’t be students there Saturday night. It’s their fall break. MacLain just mentioned it on his pod.

I'm sure many of the in-state students would come back for a game if they were good and they considered it a big game.

But not with this 3-3 team. And not against us.

I went to that stadium for Caps-Canes NHL stadium series a few years back. Was sold out. Everything was a nightmare. Bathroom lines, food lines, beer lines (they did allow beer because the NHL sanctioned it, but had to be a separate line from food).

I'm sure many of the in-state students would come back for a game if they were good and they considered it a big game.

But not with this 3-3 team. And not against us.

I went to that stadium for Caps-Canes NHL stadium series a few years back. Was sold out. Everything was a nightmare. Bathroom lines, food lines, beer lines (they did allow beer because the NHL sanctioned it, but had to be a separate line from food).
The fact that the break is actually after the weekend makes it more likely as well they dont come back unless they live close.

Play a clean game and we win by a few scores or more. Just dont give them any points.
Gift points have been the difference in so many WT# losses. Stanford, that pick six is the difference.

Either be super clean or so dominant that it doesn’t matter.

One good sign for this team is that it over came handing UNLV 14pts on a platter.

Gift points have been the difference in so many WT# losses. Stanford, that pick six is the difference.

Either be super clean or so dominant that it doesn’t matter.

One good sign for this team is that it over came handing UNLV 14pts on a platter.
One thing I'll be looking for is Nixon getting the playcalls in faster. Too many plays in Vegas McCord was covering his ears, waiting and waiting for the call. If he's rushing to get the snap off then he's not looking over the defense the way we need him to. Plus there's no easier signal for the pass rush to tee off than seeing 1 second on the play clock.

Since the coach turns off 15 secs before the snap i dont think getting the play in is really causing a huge issue. those last 15 secs are Kyle adjusting to what he sees or something coming in from the sideline

One thing I'll be looking for is Nixon getting the playcalls in faster. Too many plays in Vegas McCord was covering his ears, waiting and waiting for the call. If he's rushing to get the snap off then he's not looking over the defense the way we need him to. Plus there's no easier signal for the pass rush to tee off than seeing 1 second on the play clock.
Pretty sure that is not what happened in Vegas. Communication with the QB is cut off with 15 seconds on the play clock. It looked like the game plan was to use the clock and limit TOP for Vegas.

Pretty sure that is not what happened in Vegas. Communication with the QB is cut off with 15 seconds on the play clock. It looked like the game plan was to use the clock and limit TOP for Vegas.
You can use the clock and still get set with 7 or 8 seconds to see what the defense is giving you. Too often they were rushing to the line just to get the snap off.

We definitely used a "control the clock" playbook. It's evident by the short passing game and the number of plays that went down to 1 or zero on the clock.

Same prediction as last week which would have been true if we never punted. Comfortable win. Not easy but relatively stress free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom