Cuse opens as 9 point dogs at Clempson. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse opens as 9 point dogs at Clempson.

Clemson is playing for a double-bye. We are playing to make the big dance. Motivation should be on our side. Would be nice if we could get one of Clemson's big 3 in foul trouble early. With our 6 1/2 man rotation, I expect us to slow it down in the half-court. If we get into early foul trouble we are dead. Copeland, are you listening?

I would love to win this game and have JG3 go 1-9 from deep and have him end every run they make with a heat check 3 that is way off.

Star Wars Statistics GIF

Not going to deny we are playing better and I am satisfied with the season, but outside of UNC we have 2 close-ish wins against the worst team in the conference, a close win against an 11-17 Notre Dame team, and 2 other wins against teams that are very mediocre(VT/NCST). While we have won games you can see why we really haven't moved the needle.
I'm hoping this is shaping up to be like the end-of-season surge during the Covid year, 2020-21, when we won a couple of big key games down the stretch against UNC and Clemson and then had a good showing in the ACC tournament, losing that heartbreaker of a game to Virginia, but proving to the committee that we belonged in the tourney. Then made the Sweet 16.

And I see it is -9.5 this morning. Is it just me, or does this seem higher than it should be? The records are nearly identical and we have been playing much better since the Wake debacle (particularly the flow and balance of the offense). I would think it should be Clemson -5.5 or -6 (at most) to reflect the home court with a slight edge on top of that. If you look at a meaningful metric like RPI, there is not that much of a disparity (Clemson 24, Syracuse 34). As many have discussed on other threads, the NET has too many flaws because of that margin of victory component (just look at that aforementioned Wake game -- we quit -- that should have been no more than a 10-12 pt loss at most--and we could play them again and beat them).

vegas beats vibes

You could retire fading the majority in these threads. Imagine thinking it's a materially better team because Benny is gone. Strong Kool aid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom