Cuse opens as 9 point dogs at Clempson. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse opens as 9 point dogs at Clempson.

I could see that if we are talking about seeding implications, not from a bubble perspective.

And I see it is -9.5 this morning. Is it just me, or does this seem higher than it should be? The records are nearly identical and we have been playing much better since the Wake debacle (particularly the flow and balance of the offense). I would think it should be Clemson -5.5 or -6 (at most) to reflect the home court with a slight edge on top of that. If you look at a meaningful metric like RPI, there is not that much of a disparity (Clemson 24, Syracuse 34). As many have discussed on other threads, the NET has too many flaws because of that margin of victory component (just look at that aforementioned Wake game -- we quit -- that should have been no more than a 10-12 pt loss at most--and we could play them again and beat them).
My thoughts exactly

Since Benny was kicked off the team both Clemson and Syracuse are 6-2 with Clemson winning by 9 points in the dome, beating UNC at UNC, and beat Georgia Tech by 24 at GT who we lost to.
Okay. They just lost to ND who we beat. No question they should be favored. 9 1/2 seems like a lot to me.

Okay. They just lost to ND who we beat. No question they should be favored. 9 1/2 seems like a lot to me.
Maybe. We won by 3 at the Dome. Not sure we would be as lucky in South Bend.

Since Benny was kicked off the team both Clemson and Syracuse are 6-2 with Clemson winning by 9 points in the dome, beating UNC at UNC, and beat Georgia Tech by 24 at GT who we lost to.
The Tigers lost to G -tech at home. We haven't had a home loss as bad as that.

You think we won by luck? Were we ever behind in that game?
No, but it's silly to compare a road game to a home game.
The Tigers lost to G -tech at home. We haven't had a home loss as bad as that.
That poster said we aren't the same team we were in January so I only compared recent results. We were blown out by FSU who's just about on that level. That evens it. I just was explaining why the spread is what it is.

No, but it's silly to compare a road game to a home game.

That poster said we aren't the same team we were in January so I only compared recent results. We were blown out by FSU who's just about on that level. That evens it. I just was explaining why the spread is what it is.
Also silly to just say we lost to G tech and that they beat them when they also lost at home against G -tech. Look, they have a more balanced, older team than us. I am amazed that our records are as close as they are. It must be that Red is better than Brad. Also silly to say that we were lucky to beat ND. We led from piller to post. And as for ND, I wouldn't want to play them anywhere right now. But using your thinking, look at their record and we can find some ugly losses. ND has won 4 home games and their one road win in this last bunch was against the Ville.

Fellas if you think the line is disrespectful or wrong simply place a bet on the Syracuse side it's that easy.

Fellas if you think the line is disrespectful or wrong simply place a bet on the Syracuse side it's that easy.
Did anyone say it was disrespectful? I haven't seen that. Just that 9 1/2 was a bit rich. I was thinking around 6, 6 1/2 But if you think the line is right, bet on the Tigers. Or the Orange.

If Clemson is really that banged up (especially their two interior players) it could be an interesting game.

If Clemson is really that banged up (especially their two interior players) it could be an interesting game.
I wouldn't take that to the bank. Sounds like coaches talk to me.

Also silly to just say we lost to G tech and that they beat them when they also lost at home against G -tech. Look, they have a more balanced, older team than us. I am amazed that our records are as close as they are. It must be that Red is better than Brad. Also silly to say that we were lucky to beat ND. We led from piller to post. And as for ND, I wouldn't want to play them anywhere right now. But using your thinking, look at their record and we can find some ugly losses. ND has won 4 home games and their one road win in this last bunch was against the Ville.
I think Red is our advantage and I agree about Notre Dame. They do have bad losses, but they weren't blown out. The close losses can be party attributed to Brownell.

Now Vegas is biased against Syracuse?

No Way Abandon Thread GIF

My thoughts exactly
To be honest, though, quitting is something that should be factored in... somehow... whether it's SU or any other team. Seems like homerism to cry foul because it hurts us this year.

I think Red is our advantage and I agree about Notre Dame. They do have bad losses, but they weren't blown out. The close losses can be party attributed to Brownell.
They actually do have some bad lopsided losses. 20 to the Citadel. 13 to Miami (who was ranked #8 at the time) 24 to auburn and 10 to Western Carolina. They are a different team now. Like us. I am not happy with playing them twice next year.

Who said that? No one. JFC
People are in here making arguments that Clemson isn't good enough for a 9.5 spread against Syracuse because they lost to ND and using the RPI and the transitive property to justify it.

Whatever. NET IS BROKEN! RPI RULES! KENPOM DROOLS!

They actually do have some bad lopsided losses. 20 to the Citadel. 13 to Miami (who was ranked #8 at the time) 24 to auburn and 10 to Western Carolina. They are a different team now. Like us. I am not happy with playing them twice next year.
I was speaking about Clemson, not Notre Dame. In the last 6 games we are Notre Dames only loss. Curious if they can keep Burton or if some Big 10 team will try to poach him with NIL.

People are in here making arguments that Clemson isn't good enough for a 9.5 spread against Syracuse because they lost to ND and using the RPI and the transitive property to justify it.

Whatever. NET IS BROKEN! RPI RULES! KENPOM DROOLS!
People are just saying that they think the line is off by a couple of pts. Nothing more to make of it. Look at the lines every day and you might see a line that you don't agree with. That is why people bet. SMH

I was speaking about Clemson, not Notre Dame. In the last 6 games we are Notre Dames only loss. Curious if they can keep Burton or if some Big 10 team will try to poach him with NIL.
I heard a Indy Big 10 team is offering big money. I hope and think ND will be able to meet it

The question is will Joe shoot 100% like he almost did last game?
can we cause 21 TOs again? doubtful
Can we go better than 7-23 from three?
will we get outrebounded by 17 again?

it was 2 pt game with 4 Min left and Clemon shot 60% to our 40%

Bell and Mintz 10-31. That needs to come up closer to 50%.

To be honest, though, quitting is something that should be factored in... somehow... whether it's SU or any other team. Seems like homerism to cry foul because it hurts us this year.
They have improved as the season as gone on. That is who they are now. I have that opinion of any team that improves as the season goes on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom