Cuse Recruiting NYC | Syracusefan.com

Cuse Recruiting NYC

BKCuse

Starter
Here's a scene we shot in Aug during Thomas Holley's unofficial to the Hill featuring a bunch of NYC kids putting the good word in for Syracuse.

I don't think he'll ultimately end up in Orange but he's a tremendous young man and has nothing but love for the Cuse. It's just that sometimes kids pick different schools.

But this exposure on TV is certainly being absorbed by the next wave of kids coming up in NYC and the 5 star players of the future

Seems like a great kid-Disappointed we couldn't get him up for an official

Yeah its Penn st. or Ohio st. for him. I wish the best for him. Nice young man.

He definitely comes across as a great kid. What bothers me is that I don't understand why a high character kid like TH would be attracted to those two schools. They each have an unsavory moral record from the recent past. He seems like a perfect fit for SU and HCSS. Like Lloyd Christmas, I think there's a chance.

He definitely comes across as a great kid. What bothers me is that I don't understand why a high character kid like TH would be attracted to those two schools. They each have an unsavory moral record from the recent past. He seems like a perfect fit for SU and HCSS. Like Lloyd Christmas, I think there's a chance.
I think a lot of people from the NYC metro area look down on upstate NY. That's just the way life is down there. I honestly think that has a lot to do with these kids deciding to go elsewhere. Honestly most of them don't seem to workout any how. I can see why this staff has de-emphasized that area.

I think a lot of people from the NYC metro area look down on upstate NY. That's just the way life is down there. I honestly think that has a lot to do with these kids deciding to go elsewhere. Honestly most of them don't seem to workout any how. I can see why this staff has de-emphasized that area.

Don't get the last line. Seems like we have good success since most, if not all, of our downstate kids are getting pt.

De-emphasized? Who in God's name told you that? Shafer has a coach in every burrow of the city.

Wayne Morgan was a 4* NYC recruit we actually got, seems like a role player to this point... Could it be that 2-3* FL kids are equal to 4* City kids? Plus there are 20 FL prospects to every 1 City kid... Maybe it is better to concentrate on more fertile recruiting grounds...

De-emphasized? Who in God's name told you that? Shafer has a coach in every burrow of the city.
SU is only involved with one kid down there this year. A few have worked out but a few have had major issues including criminal acts. It's a high risk low reward area as far as I can see based on the history I've seen this far. I would rather see SU recruit Florida heavily like they seem to be this year. It's simply a football factory.

SU is only involved with one kid down there this year. A few have worked out but a few have had major issues including criminal acts. It's a high risk low reward area as far as I can see based on the history I've seen this far. I would rather see SU recruit Florida heavily like they seem to be this year. It's simply a football factory.

Here is what you need to understand about recruiting. Every,and I mean EVVERY,coach will tell you that the most important recruiting area is the area closest to home. Kids in Florida(or other fertile grounds) won't grow up dreaming of playing for the Cuse. We have to grow to a point where kids close to home WOULD want that. This is how we an keep the best local talent at home. This is what Gross (and Marrone when he was here) is trying to build. We obviously need to sustain other areas that we have some presence in to get-maybe not the best of these places-but kids that can grow into good players

now that rutgirl's dumped 3 coaches what players might be ripe for the pickings

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom