Cutting the cord help

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
I am really the lone tv watcher in the house. (I like the bigger screen). Wife has Hulu, Netflix, Prime, and others. KIds and wife watch on phones. I really am not into any shows on non-cable stations ( I do enjoy AGT on NBC, to a point, but it is not on my must see). I don't watch anything regularly.

I like to watch premier league and MLS, NFL, CFB&CBB (some) and of course Cuse FB/BB

I enjoy movies and shows on Netflix and Prime. Haven't explored others.

Looking to get an internet ready TV.

What services do I need to have to meet my viewing habits.

Thanks

upperdeck

Living Legend
I would never ever buy an internet TV. many of them will be obsolete pretty soon. I have a few and several things i watch already cant be viewed because the tvs dont support the steams. the tvs will not update the software. much easier to slap a new roku/apple/firestick in.

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
I would never ever buy an internet TV. many of them will be obsolete pretty soon. I have a few and several things i watch already cant be viewed because the tvs dont support the steams. the tvs will not update the software. much easier to slap a new roku/apple/firestick in.
MMMMMM... do those work with all streaming apps

OrangeDW

Living Legend
I had SlingTV for about 2 1/2 years and just switched to YouTubeTV which is a pretty new service.

Very happy with it so far. $40 a month. Includes local channels, so I don’t have to worry about a digital antennae anymore. Pretty good channel lineup for me. I also have amazon prime and Netflix. I recently got a smart TV, though I also have a roku for my old TV. I don’t have any real opinion on smart tv vs. regular TV with roku yet.

upperdeck

Living Legend
so for instance in Syracuse with this would you get local channel 3/5/9/24/43/68?

but not get 3.2 5.2 5.3 9.2 24.2. 24.3 24.4 etc.

that would mean not getting the ACC stuff for the most part.

or you just get ABC/CBS/ etc from the national feed so you dont get local news and stuff.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
so for instance in Syracuse with this would you get local channel 3/5/9/24/43/68?

but not get 3.2 5.2 5.3 9.2 24.2. 24.3 24.4 etc.

that would mean not getting the ACC stuff for the most part.

or you just get ABC/CBS/ etc from the national feed so you dont get local news and stuff.
Yes, you are correct. Syracuse would get Fox 68, etc.

Though last year I was getting all those Cuse games on the ESPN app?

Pearl309

All Conference
I would second OrangeDW in regards to slingtv, not sure where you’re located Capt, but I have sling and am in California and haven’t missed a single SU b-ball or football game in 2 years since I got it
Haven’t even used the ESPN app
Only problem with sling is it doesn’t get cbs for NFL/college football, but I hate SEC so I don’t care.

One of my TVs is a smart tv and they can’t keep up with the speed of new apps, so I just use roku on all TVs. It’s easy, updated, and clean

I probably spend more on subscriptions (hbo/showtime/Netflix/Amazon/Hulu/sling) than on cable but it’s the way of the future

Maybe I watch too much tv

sherrillcuse

2016 Iggy Winner
I just switched from cable to Directv Now in December. no satellite dish it all streams through your internet connection also no contract you can cancel anytime. I have an apple TV on my main TV, I firetv in my 15 yr olds room and a roku In our room. all work well and directv now will give you and appleTV free if you prepay for 4 months of service. I use an antenna for my local channels I receive 24 channels on the antenna. I am saving about $75 mo from my cable bill.

I have since switched my entire family and several friends and co workers from cable to directv now and all are happy with the service. I am now known as the antenna guy at work :)There is a bit of a learning curve with all this though.

There are several packages available from directv now starting at $40 mo. you can add HBO and Cinemax for an additional $5 mo, starz is available for $8 mo.

If you would like any additional information I will be more than happy to help as I really enjoy this stuff just inbox me or post here...

Top Bottom