Dajuan | Syracusefan.com

Dajuan

Eric15

Living Legend
I can't remember a time in my SU basketball watching life that I wanted a player to touch the ball more than him. I'm happy that he was able to go out there and run the floor for a few minutes, but my goodness get that man the rock!

Pretty crazy we didn't throw an entry to him at least.

I am sure it means nothing to him given how much of a team guy he is, but still.

I was hoping if he couldn't get a bucket we'd get the last possession and he'd get to dribble out the clock, at least. Oh well, glad he got on the floor anyway!

Not sure what it says about Howard that he felt the need to jack a 3 in garbage time rather than try to get it to dc3 or a walkon. But it's not good.

This x1000. I'd like to think he was just not thinking about it at all, but even that's not good. Every guy on that team would ideally be wanting to get the ball to DC. I'll give the walk ons a pass who never play, but everyone who regularly sees minutes should be busting their ass to get DC3 or someone else a look.

This x1000. I'd like to think he was just not thinking about it at all, but even that's not good. Every guy on that team would ideally be wanting to get the ball to DC. I'll give the walk ons a pass who never play, but everyone who regularly sees minutes should be busting their ass to get DC3 or someone else a look.

Yeah I can never tell with Frank if he doesn't care or if his head is just in the clouds.

Obviously what matters is that we won a huge game, but this could have been such a special moment and lifetime memory for DC to score in front of his hometown fans one last time.

we started the DC2 chants w/about 8 mins left in the game

when he finally got in, all he was doin was setting high picks

never once set up on the blocks, but at least he got in and we got to cheer

Did anyone catch what Boeheim said about DC in the presser?

Did anyone catch what Boeheim said about DC in the presser?

Can you talk about Dajuan Coleman’s career?
“He’s a great kid, he’s as good as any kid that we’ve had in the program. I think that he could have been a really good player but not with those knees. When it happened, they told me that he would not be able to come back to play. He worked really hard. He somehow played through this just on sheer will and determination, because when you see him now he can’t move in practice. It’s sad to see. He’s an unbelievable kid. He worked two years to be able to play at all and he made a contribution. But, this year it has gone the other way. He will never admit it but he just can’t move out there.

I can't remember a time in my SU basketball watching life that I wanted a player to touch the ball more than him. I'm happy that he was able to go out there and run the floor for a few minutes, but my goodness get that man the rock!
Are you forgetting about one mookie jones? everybody wanted to see him put up a three when he was in. I get what you were saying though...I was waiting for Coleman to get a look inside but it didn't happen.

Still remember When i went to Maui for the tournament and was sitting behind the team. I was screaming the entire 3 days to put in Coleman!!! I got a couple awkward look backs from the bench. Sad that he had to deal with so many issues.

I decided to focus on Dajuan when he got in. OMG! I had no idea how bad this kid was hurting. He had two opportunities to go after rebounds close to him and ,literally, couldn't get more than a few inches off the floor. He was never close to being open for an opportunity to receive the ball on offense. What a gamer this kid was to keep pushing despite obvious inability to physically compete.
PS. To blame Frank for Dajuan not getting an opportunity to do something is the STUPIDEST thing I've ever heard. But it's par for the course here I guess.

Can you talk about Dajuan Coleman’s career?
“He’s a great kid, he’s as good as any kid that we’ve had in the program. I think that he could have been a really good player but not with those knees. When it happened, they told me that he would not be able to come back to play. He worked really hard. He somehow played through this just on sheer will and determination, because when you see him now he can’t move in practice. It’s sad to see. He’s an unbelievable kid. He worked two years to be able to play at all and he made a contribution. But, this year it has gone the other way. He will never admit it but he just can’t move out there.

Hearing that quote makes me glad DaJuan stayed home and proud that the staff did a great job supporting and taking care of a hometown kid keeping him on scholarship while he battled back despite the bleak outlook. I don't care what he did or didn't do on the floor, DaJuan will always be a guy I look back at with huge, huge respect.

Would be a great guy to keep around the program in the future and help mentor our players and be a resource behind the scenes.

I decided to focus on Dajuan when he got in. OMG! I had no idea how bad this kid was hurting. He had two opportunities to go after rebounds close to him and ,literally, couldn't get more than a few inches off the floor. He was never close to being open for an opportunity to receive the ball on offense. What a gamer this kid was to keep pushing despite obvious inability to physically compete.
PS. To blame Frank for Dajuan not getting an opportunity to do something is the STUPIDEST thing I've ever heard. But it's par for the course here I guess.
Glad to be on a board where that kind of stupidity is par for the course. Anyone else would have gotten the ball to DC.

Howard was on the floor with DC and all walk-ons.....no reason for HIM to put up the shot!!! Of course, I wasn't that surprised that he did as he really has no concept of team game and how much more it means to those players on the floor.

All this talk about Dajuan got me imagining what could have been today... For all the talk about our recruiting being down and what not, if Dajuan had gotten back healthy the first time and not ended up having just non-stop knee trouble, and we didn't come back against UVA last year, this year's starting five could have been:

Gillon
Battle
Malachi
Lydon
Dajuan

Bench:
Thompson
Roberson
Howard

Now, obviously last year's Final Four run was awesome and I'd never trade it, and injuries happen to all programs... But even just injecting Dajuan and swapping Malachi for White, what that does to our lineup and depth is amazing. I suppose the flip side is if Coleman never had any injuries, he wasn't going to be a four-year guy...

But it just shows the butterfly effect in the college game, and our program has done a great job managing to be a dangerous team come March again this year.

Also, from the sounds of it, Dajuan would be an awesome guy to keep around the program in some capacity... It's impossible to know how good he'd be coaching bigs down the line, but from a motivational/influence aspect he would be great to have around.

Howard was on the floor with DC and all walk-ons...no reason for HIM to put up the shot!!! Of course, I wasn't that surprised that he did as he really has no concept of team game and how much more it means to those players on the floor.

Eh, he was eager to feed Autry when he got open in the corner.

I didn't love Frank's shot, but Coleman was never in a position to score. Everyone wanted him to get a touch, but the opportunity didn't present itself.

I wanted him to score a bucket so he could get the Dome on his side one last time. That would have been a special moment for him seeing how he battled injury throughout his career.

OT: Can the coaching staff at J-D get some of the blame for the issues that DC has? His weight ballooned in high school and was of benefit to the team as they were able to destroy the local competition. Because of that, he came to SU out of shape for the college game and with bad knees. He worked for two years to drop a considerable amount only for it to not have much of an effect on his overall health.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom