Dajuan | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dajuan

I'm not arguing against Franks glaring issues, but maybe Coleman wasn't making an effort to get open for a reason. I don't think the kid cared about hucking up a last shot attempt or dribbling out the clock. I think he's been working through a lot of pain the past few years and the ability to hear his name cheered and move up and down the Carrier Dome court one last time was enough.

I decided to focus on Dajuan when he got in. OMG! I had no idea how bad this kid was hurting. He had two opportunities to go after rebounds close to him and ,literally, couldn't get more than a few inches off the floor. He was never close to being open for an opportunity to receive the ball on offense. What a gamer this kid was to keep pushing despite obvious inability to physically compete.
PS. To blame Frank for Dajuan not getting an opportunity to do something is the STUPIDEST thing I've ever heard. But it's par for the course here I guess.

Your takes are consistently off the wall--that's what is par for the course. Just in case you weren't aware, it was senior day. It shouldn't have to be stated that the team's focus when Dejuan Coleman--who was part of two final four teams and spent two grueling years rehabbing his way back from catastrophic knee injuries--was in the game with time winding down should have been to get him the ball, instead of having one of the other non-senior players looking to pad their stats in garbage time. Nobody is suggesting that he is anywhere close to 100%, but it would have been nice to--I don't know--maybe get the guy a shot on the day where he's being recognized in front of his home town crowd.

Last edited:
Your takes are consistently off the wall--that's what is par for the course. Just in case you weren't aware, it was senior day. It shouldn't have to be stated that the team's focus when Dejuan Coleman--who was part of two final four teams and spent two grueling years rehabbing his way back from catastrophic knee injuries--was in the game with time winding down should have been to get him the ball, instead of having one of the other non-senior players looking to pad their stats in garbage time. Nobody is suggesting that he is anywhere close to 100%, but it would have been nice to--I don't know--maybe get the guy a shot on the day where he's being recognized in front of his home town crowd.

agreed, but he never set up and called for the ball. if DC2 set up down low and didn't get the rock, disgraceful. instead he looked to set high picks and floated when the ball moved.

on the other hand, it woulda been nice to see him make a trey

I also think, given how much we were up, it would have been great to get Dajuan a couple mins of burn with 8 or so left on the clock. could have run something specifically for him, then pulled him to a standing O next whistle.

I also think, given how much we were up, it would have been great to get Dajuan a couple mins of burn with 8 or so left on the clock. could have run something specifically for him, then pulled him to a standing O next whistle.

Yeah, or maybe as few as six minutes. But it would've been nice to get Coleman an exiting ovation, especially if he wasn't going to get a clean chance at a bucket.

Sending Coleman and Howard to the scorer's table with about 4:00 left not only prevented that, but it ensured that Roberson and White wouldn't get an ovation when they left. That was a little disappointing.

Howard was on the floor with DC and all walk-ons...no reason for HIM to put up the shot!!! Of course, I wasn't that surprised that he did as he really has no concept of team game and how much more it means to those players on the floor.
He put up the shot before the walkons came in. I think it's kind of crazy to think we would get DC2 the ball on the block. I mean he has two bad knees. We can't even get the ball to Lydon on the block when he has two good ones.

agreed, but he never set up and called for the ball. if DC2 set up down low and didn't get the rock, disgraceful. instead he looked to set high picks and floated when the ball moved.

on the other hand, it woulda been nice to see him make a trey

I tend to agree with this. I was rooting hard for Coleman to get a basket also, but he clearly wasn't looking for the ball, and given how poorly he's moving, that may have been by design. Perhaps its better to leave us all wishing he got a shot than to give him the ball and let him get embarrassed by somebody with two working knees.

I decided to focus on Dajuan when he got in. OMG! I had no idea how bad this kid was hurting. He had two opportunities to go after rebounds close to him and ,literally, couldn't get more than a few inches off the floor. He was never close to being open for an opportunity to receive the ball on offense. What a gamer this kid was to keep pushing despite obvious inability to physically compete.
PS. To blame Frank for Dajuan not getting an opportunity to do something is the STUPIDEST thing I've ever heard. But it's par for the course here I guess.
Agreed. He reminded me of the old guy on the playground who wears knee wraps and moves slowly and deliberately, gets in position to rebound, but just can't jump. The problem was that in garbage time, there is no setting up the offense for either team, it's just a track meet and DC couldn't keep up.

Congrats DaJuan! You have much to be proud of young man! Outstanding achievement on the court and in the classroom. Best wishes on your future endeavors!
That's a kid who struggled early in HS. That's a kid that Kentucky told he would never need to go to class or take exams.
That's a kid who took it upon himself to do the right thing and do it the right way, and he has something impressive to show for it. Well done, DC, well done.

That's a kid who struggled early in HS. That's a kid that Kentucky told he would never need to go to class or take exams.
That's a kid who took it upon himself to do the right thing and do it the right way, and he has something impressive to show for it. Well done, DC, well done.

Excellent post!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom