Class of 2014 - Dakari Johnson | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Dakari Johnson

Yes, he had a modest 13 points and from the articles, Montverde's twin towers 6'9 and 6'10/6'11 made it tough inside.
Article and partial box score.

Also, zagsblog has an article based on Montverde's young shooting guard D'Angelo Russell and his play.

Looks like Roselle Catholic set out to stop the big men, only to be burned by 5 straight threes in three minutes by Russell. Still, they fought and I'll bet Tyler had to do too much in the blocks as from what I have seen, Roselle doesn't have much of a post presence without Roberson.

thanks for the links. Nice to see Hop made it down to check on Roberson and Johnson...although www being there trying to be an attention whor e was probably a distraction. Russell sounds like a beast.

Was at the game; Russell has quite a sweet stroke; plus with all the attention the big guys were getting he was open for a ton of looks. It was pretty much impossible in the beginning of the game fo r Roselle to get anything in the paint.

Tyler seemed to struggle early, but did some nice things facing up from the midpost area. He was better in the second half. Roselle played a decent amount of 2-3, with Tyler playing the middle. Obviously he'll be on the wing next year.

Also, both Tyler and Dakari bricked a ton of FT. So we know they'd fit right in.

thanks for the links. Nice to see Hop made it down to check on Roberson and Johnson...although www being there trying to be an attention whor e was probably a distraction. Russell sounds like a beast.
No prob. Yeah, great game for Hop to gauge the play of DJ, Tyler, Malachi Richardson and Asant Gist (Francis, do you know if we're giving Gist a look?). I don't know if we're in play for Russell, but def a beast. Looks like a great shooter. Easy for me to say as anyone who hits 5 threes in three minutes should be considered a great shooter. :D

Was at the game; Russell has quite a sweet stroke; plus with all the attention the big guys were getting he was open for a ton of looks. It was pretty much impossible in the beginning of the game fo r Roselle to get anything in the paint.

Tyler seemed to struggle early, but did some nice things facing up from the midpost area. He was better in the second half. Roselle played a decent amount of 2-3, with Tyler playing the middle. Obviously he'll be on the wing next year.

Also, both Tyler and Dakari bricked a ton of FT. So we know they'd fit right in.
LOL, free throws :bang:

I was also pretty impressed with Montverde's other big guy, the kid going to WVU.

No prob. Yeah, great game for Hop to gauge the play of DJ, Tyler, Malachi Richardson and Asant Gist (Francis, do you know if we're giving Gist a look?). I don't know if we're in play for Russell, but def a beast. Looks like a great shooter. Easy for me to say as anyone who hits 5 threes in three minutes should be considered a great shooter. :D
Gist has claimed interest early on from SU, but I would assume that he'll have to grow another 3-4 inches to become a serious target. Richardson is close to being offered and Russell is from Louisville, so I doubt he gets out of that state for college.

Gist has claimed interest early on from SU, but I would assume that he'll have to grow another 3-4 inches to become a serious target. Richardson is close to being offered and Russell is from Louisville, so I doubt he gets out of that state for college.
Him just a little guy ;)
Man, I really wish he shoots up a few inches, as his speed and agility are incredible.

hims-just-a-little-guy.jpg

Him just a little guy ;)
Man, I really wish he shoots up a few inches, as his speed and agility are incredible.

hims-just-a-little-guy.jpg
Flynn was only 5'7 when he was a Soph in HS. Grew to 5'11 when he became a Senior. I wonder if Hopkins will recruit small quick guards when he takes over? I know he has shown interest in them over the years.

Flynn was only 5'7 when he was a Soph in HS. Grew to 5'11 when he became a Senior. I wonder if Hopkins will recruit small quick guards when he takes over? I know he has shown interest in them over the years.

Probably has a lot to do with his thoughts on the defense. Is he going to be a zone gu y though and through?

Probably has a lot to do with his thoughts on the defense. Is he going to be a zone gu y though and through?
Great point. Will be interesting to see what style of play he runs.

@AdamZagoria: Turns out Georgetown coach JT3 was at Roselle Catholic last night for Dakari Johnson and some young RC players.

@AdamZagoria: Turns out Georgetown coach JT3 was at Roselle Catholic last night for Dakari Johnson and some young RC players.

I saw a guy who looked a lot like JT3 at th egame last night; but it wasn't him.

Or was it?

Montverde will take on Simeon and Jabari Parker today at 6 on ESPN2. Also at 8 on ESPNU, you guys can check out Gonzaga(DC), which features 2015 PG Bryant Crawford, who the staff has shown interest in from time to time.

So he announcing tonight is this bad news. Www just spent 2 days with him and family. Gtown had entire staff at his last game.

Haters 'gon hate.

What about David Falk? Is he semi-retired nowadays? Im guessing his only clients are the ones he has had for many years. Surely he could have handlers and such if he really cared about snagging high school kids. With his substantial donation to SU to start a sports agent program, hopefully there are some young shady SU kids that will be the future "hook, line and sinker" for the bball program. I have heard Falk does a great job of getting guest speakers to lecture the students in the program. Hopefully he can get WWW to lecture about how to be a shady mofo and make a healthy income despite not having a real job. :)

Falk is not semi retired but he keeps a small client base because he prefers it that way. When he speaks to the SPM kids he talks about doing things the right way and discourages kids from becoming agents. So I don't think your plan will happen anytime soon.

That sucks and whenever WWW is lurking around a recruit for UK, the competitors can pretty much waive the white flag.

Yup, but at least well have a real solid frontline next year while gtown is stuck with the future hot dog eating champion as their center

Yup, but at least well have a real solid frontline next year while gtown is stuck with the future hot dog eating champion as their center
Hey at least they finally have a champion to be proud off...at least sometime in the future.

That sucks and whenever WWW is lurking around a recruit for UK, the competitors can pretty much waive the white flag.
I have to chalk ignorance up for this one, so maybe someone can explain. How does the NCAA not know about this? The guy is a "consultant" for an agency? Why would he even be allowed around high school kids? Either the NCAA is involved, or......
I have nothing else, really.

This is no different than the corruption at the head of FIFA.
Otherwise, does anyone think everything is cool, legit?
Anyone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom