Class of 2014 - Dakari Johnson | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Dakari Johnson

I like the hijack post above and lets try not to get so far off subject in the future :) This is the Dakari Johnson thread after all

Good stuff, thanks. When I've watched Dakari, he always impressed me with his low post skills and ability to score around basket. My only negatives were the lack of lift, shot blocking, and poor conditioning. He has reportedly loss a lot of weight, so I would assume his conditionin and lift should be much better now.

Sounds just like DC2

From that article, her mom is concerned that there may be similar bigs at both UK and SU. Then, she thinks that it could actually be a good thing at UK because two bigs could compliment one another. Regarding SU, she only seemed concerned.

From that article, her mom is concerned that there may be similar bigs at both UK and SU. Then, she thinks that it could actually be a good thing at UK because two bigs could compliment one another. Regarding SU, she only seemed concerned.
I like Zagoria's work, but imo I think he likes to write pro-UK articles to please the UK fans and get those extra hits for his site. Can't blame him because the BBN trollin and bandwagon is at an all time high now.

I like Zagoria's work, but imo I think he likes to write pro-UK articles to please the UK fans and get those extra hits for his site. Can't blame him because the BBN trollin and bandwagon is at an all time high now.
Definitely pro UK, but as you said, "when in Rome". Still, it's weird about Cuse. I read some good articles mentioning Cuse recruits but then, when there's any involvement with both parties, he leans hard to the other side. Again, can't really say I blame him as they are cornering the Top 10 market lately. But what I do not like, is that some of this media lately seems to affect public perception of a given recruiting situation and that I believe, can affect the recruit's decision. "Flavor of the Month" matters to some.

100% agree. Always thought Adam should say Northeast blog specializing in UK recruiting. It annoys me to no end those idiot UK fans are on a "northeast site". I thought UK was so big they had hundreds of UK recruiting sites? I guess not. I guess Matt Jones ain't cutting it for them.

Definitely pro UK, but as you said, "when in Rome". Still, it's weird about Cuse. I read some good articles mentioning Cuse recruits but then, when there's any involvement with both parties, he leans hard to the other side. Again, can't really say I blame him as they are cornering the Top 10 market lately. But what I do not like, is that some of this media lately seems to affect public perception of a given recruiting situation and that I believe, can affect the recruit's decision. "Flavor of the Month" matters to some.

I agree. I think ESPN is the worst. Between their broadcasts of the McDonalds game and their recruiting nation site, they basically help UK with their recruiting pitch. They definitely have a vested interest because they know if UK is dominant and gets all these bigtime recruits then it gives them a polarizing team to pimp out for ratings. ESPN cares little about ethics or neutral reporting and almost completely about what can give them the most money/ratings/hits etc...

I agree. I think ESPN is the worst. Between their broadcasts of the McDonalds game and their recruiting nation site, they basically help UK with their recruiting pitch. They definitely have a vested interest because they know if UK is dominant and gets all these bigtime recruits then it gives them a polarizing team to pimp out for ratings. ESPN cares little about ethics or neutral reporting and almost completely about what can give them the most money/ratings/hits etc...
online-bingo.png

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...h-of-a-factor-is-world-wide-wes-in-recruiting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Wesley

Wesley, better known as “World Wide Wes,” is not an agent, but a facilitator. He represents no one but is “affiliated with” just about everyone. As Sports Illustrated put it: “Is he a superagent? The most powerful man in sports? William Wesley has been called both.” Wesley is widely given the credit for—although he almost always denies it—Kidd-Gilchrist’s enrollment at Kentucky, along with the delivery of former stars Dajuan Wagner, Derrick Rose, and Tyreke Evans to Memphis when Calipari coached there. Wesley has been “connected to” Allen Iverson, LeBron James, and Michael Jordan. Officially, Wesley works for Creative Artists Agency; unofficially, his value is the fact that, in many situations, he is the only person that both sides of a deal know and trust.

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/sportingscene/2012/04/building-kentucky-basketball.html#ixzz2GvLYmw9y

i know who www is and i know its not a good sign - but do not know what your sig says - and how it relates

i know who www is and i know its not a good sign - but do not know what your sig says - and how it relates
dont hate the player (Cal), hate the game (shady ass recruiting).

My sig as shown below all of my post "Don't hate the playa, hate the game" The John Calipari way. Relates to the fact that if the NCAA is going to let him pull all of these obvious stunts for recruits, then we can't put all of the blame on him, because he is being allowed to pull all strings with no repercussions since being at Kentucky.

My sig as shown below all of my post "Don't hate the playa, hate the game" The John Calipari way. Relates to the fact that if the NCAA is going to let him pull all of these obvious stunts for recruits, then we can't put all of the blame on him, because he is being allowed to pull all strings with no repercussions since being at Kentucky.

Haters 'gon hate.

What about David Falk? Is he semi-retired nowadays? Im guessing his only clients are the ones he has had for many years. Surely he could have handlers and such if he really cared about snagging high school kids. With his substantial donation to SU to start a sports agent program, hopefully there are some young shady SU kids that will be the future "hook, line and sinker" for the bball program. I have heard Falk does a great job of getting guest speakers to lecture the students in the program. Hopefully he can get WWW to lecture about how to be a shady mofo and make a healthy income despite not having a real job. :)

Josh Smith, the hulk like tub of humanity has decided to transfer from Ucla to the cesspool of Georgetown. I bet Dakari doesn't like that competition. Doesn't look good for the Hoyas now. :rolleyes:

I'll also be at the game tonight, maybe I'll bump into Wes.

Montverde up by 26 on Roselle right now, still in fourth quarter.

Just to note: Montverde has a huge front line with 2 guys taller than Roberson. Roselle doesn't have many big men aside from Roberson. There's one other player but he doesn't start. Along with Kasey Hill and D'Angelo Russell in the backcourt, Montverde might be the best in the country.

Im assuming Roberson had a tough game and struggled some to get going against Montverde's big men? Montverde sounds like a legit top 10-15 college team with all that talent...almost unfair at the HS level.

Im assuming Roberson had a tough game and struggled some to get going against Montverde's big men? Montverde sounds like a legit top 10-15 college team with all that talent...almost unfair at the HS level.
Yes, he had a modest 13 points and from the articles, Montverde's twin towers 6'9 and 6'10/6'11 made it tough inside.
Article and partial box score.

Also, zagsblog has an article based on Montverde's young shooting guard D'Angelo Russell and his play.

Looks like Roselle Catholic set out to stop the big men, only to be burned by 5 straight threes in three minutes by Russell. Still, they fought and I'll bet Tyler had to do too much in the blocks as from what I have seen, Roselle doesn't have much of a post presence without Roberson.