Class of 2014 - Dakari Johnson | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Dakari Johnson

I have to chalk ignorance up for this one, so maybe someone can explain. How does the NCAA not know about this? The guy is a "consultant" for an agency? Why would he even be allowed around high school kids? Either the NCAA is involved, or......
I have nothing else, really.

This is no different than the corruption at the head of FIFA.
Otherwise, does anyone think everything is cool, legit?
Anyone?

I got nothing either. Just turn the head and let it all go on. Its really not hard, if the NCAA wanted to find something, all they would have to do is look.

I got nothing either. Just turn the head and let it all go on. Its really not hard, if the NCAA wanted to find something, all they would have to do is look.
You're exactly right and that's the problem. NCAA does not want to look or find something as UK bandwagon is good for business right now (especially ESPN, Nike). In a few years, after the majority of fans have gotten fed up and college basketball has a lull in interest, to get interest back, they'll suddenly "feel" something is wrong to protect their interests. That is disgusting.

Anyone ever see "Serpico"? Whistle blower never really had anyone to turn to as everyone was satisfied making money.

I'm not sure the difference between WWW and what Oregon is doing with that recruiting service.

Seemed as if JB, Hop et al were backing off recently. Not usually a good sign. And then of course you see JTIII making his late push, which means the song has ended. Anyway, I like who we have and who we have coming.

We will be fine especially since Coleman won't be going anywhere. The bigger problem is in '14 where we really wanted Johnson, because with Keita graduating and Coleman likely gone we will have Obokoh only, though with all the forwards we will have we might be ok.

We will be fine especially since Coleman won't be going anywhere. The bigger problem is in '14 where we really wanted Johnson, because with Keita graduating and Coleman likely gone we will have Obokoh only, though with all the forwards we will have we might be ok.
Maybe we renew push for Goodluck for 14

Maybe we renew push for Goodluck for 14
Good thought, and I like what a defensive minded center brings to our zone. It's very critical for us, and although I am not giving up on DJ until he bro hugs www on ESPN, I am not certain he would have that defensive presence as Goodluck might. DC2 is already a liability back there at times, IMO.

DC2 is our best rebounder right now. he will be fine next yr. just have to pray rak stays after this season, which i have heard is not something to be counted on.

DC2 is our best rebounder right now. he will be fine next yr. just have to pray rak stays after this season, which i have heard is not something to be counted on.
Yeah, good point. He is our best rebounder. I just wish he challenged shots better. So I just hope (defensively) either he gets faster and more agile to play better at the 4, or he plays more above the rim at the 5 if Rak does leave. Not sure which of these he will "grow" into.

Yeah, good point. He is our best rebounder. I just wish he challenged shots better. So I just hope (defensively) either he gets faster and more agile to play better at the 4, or he plays more above the rim at the 5 if Rak does leave. Not sure which of these he will "grow" into.

dc2=arinze onaku...i think most people would be pleased if this is how dc2 turns out, except maybe with a little more heart. also, dc2 may not stick around as long. but i think dc2 compares favorably, at least potential wise. he is a little bigger, has a a better jumper, but neither play above the rim. that will never be his game, but he does a great job at carving out space, and has great hands. it's going to be tough to squeeze much production out of him this year, but i can see a good soph season from him. AO was basically a non-factor his fr. season as well, and he turned out as a legit center on an elite team...and seems poised to get a shot in the nba at some point if he keeps playing how he is. we can only hope dc2 is as successful.

soph DC2 > Frosh Dakari. I have said it before, and I firmly believe it. It is tough to learn defensive positioning in the zone. Just ask DC2.

Dakari wants to be 1 & done.

Dakari will have a good year at UK, but we will be very happy with DC2's 2nd yr, in fact, I believe we won't miss Dakari a bit.

And I said this quite a while ago, when SU looked like the leader.

dc2=arinze onaku...i think most people would be pleased if this is how dc2 turns out, except maybe with a little more heart. also, dc2 may not stick around as long. but i think dc2 compares favorably, at least potential wise. he is a little bigger, has a a better jumper, but neither play above the rim. that will never be his game, but he does a great job at carving out space, and has great hands. it's going to be tough to squeeze much production out of him this year, but i can see a good soph season from him. AO was basically a non-factor his fr. season as well, and he turned out as a legit center on an elite team...and seems poised to get a shot in the nba at some point if he keeps playing how he is. we can only hope dc2 is as successful.

I agree that DC should watch AO's footage, the way he could carve out space and most important to watch his fundamentals. AO was equally adept with both hands and was very good at setting high picks.

I do disagree about AO's freshman year - I thought he showed great promise. He just didn't get any time with Watkins, Roberts, Gorman as upperclassmen. AO shot .561 his freshman year. AO made his shots he just didn't get many opportunities to shoot. Even in his senior year he averaged only 7 shot attempts a game making 5 of them leading the nation in field goal %. Would love DC2 to copy his career after AO's - I think DC2 could be a better rebounder than AO but really has to work offensively to match him.

From Telep's twitter:
"How's that for a Saturday morning surprise: Dakari Johnson will pick either Kentucky, Georgetown or Syracuse. Orange least likely IMO"

Gee, I UK=ESPN wonder why UK=ESPN he would "predict" that?
I wonder why out of the blue he goes from deciding in spring until now?

Yeah Dave, surprise surprise.

We will be fine especially since Coleman won't be going anywhere. The bigger problem is in '14 where we really wanted Johnson
Yup.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

it's just disappointing after recruiting this guy forever it seems like.

Think if he stays in 14 its a diff story. But oh well. Close thread he's dead to us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom