Class of 2014 - Dakari Johnson | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Dakari Johnson

Whered this come from?
Just some chatter. Also, apparently Cal told Roberson he had no room for him because he was certain Randle or Gordon were committing per Matt Jones. Which tells me they have no room for Dakari or Wiggins, just an assumption.

2013 PF recruit Tyler Roberson cutting UK from his list tells me that Calipari is confident in getting either Julius Randle or Aaron Gordon

Matt jones twitter last week.

Just some chatter. Also, apparently Cal told Roberson he had no room for him because he was certain Randle or Gordon were committing per Matt Jones. Which tells me they have no room for Dakari or Wiggins, just an assumption.
They would certainly have room for Wiggins. Cal would literally kick a baby in the face and eat his dirst born raw for Wiggins.

Roberson to Nova, Dakari to Cuse. Could it be?

where did you get the Roberson to Nova chatter from? ive been looking for the last 10 mins trying to find some twitter news or cusenation.com news but nada

where did you get the Roberson to Nova chatter from? ive been looking for the last 10 mins trying to find some twitter news or cusenation.com news but nada
It's not a very popular school of thought. Lol

nvm, i see where you got it now. hmm, i said/thought it earlier right after CMC committed that the chances he could re classify were good. not too far off now. still wanted to see what Roberson was all about though...just a greedy sob i am

nvm, i see where you got it now. hmm, i said/thought it earlier right after CMC committed that the chances he could re classify were good. not too far off now. still wanted to see what Roberson was all about though...just a greedy sob i am
First world problems

He should stay, IMO, but who knows. If he can hit the 3 this year, he will take a big leap up.
http://www.nbadraft.net/2013-nba-draft-top-10-small-forward-prospects

I have trouble separating out the question of might he be drafted from will he stick with a team. No idea whether he will be drafted or not, but I tend to think unless the shows the ability to hit the 3 the answer would be no. Unless he shows the ability to hit a jump shot from 15' and beyond with a high level of consistency I don't see how he sticks, regardless of whether he gets drafted.

I don't think he has the skills that Wes does, despite being a similar player...so I am just not feeling the CJ in the NBA vibe just yet. Fortunately for CJ the scouts don't care what I think.

I have trouble separating out the question of might he be drafted from will he stick with a team. No idea whether he will be drafted or not, but I tend to think unless the shows the ability to hit the 3 the answer would be no. Unless he shows the ability to hit a jump shot from 15' and beyond with a high level of consistency I don't see how he sticks, regardless of whether he gets drafted.

I don't think he has the skills that Wes does, despite being a similar player...so I am just not feeling the CJ in the NBA vibe just yet. Fortunately for CJ the scouts don't care what I think.

People forget, but Wes had elite athleticism, was a great weakside shotblocker and hit over 40% from 3. Fair isn't close to him, if you ask me.

People forget, but Wes had elite athleticism, was a great weakside shotblocker and hit over 40% from 3. Fair isn't close to him, if you ask me.
CJ's a crafty college player, with an elite mid-range game (IMO). He's versatile, and can play the 3 or 4 for us, and isn't a bad defender and rebounder in the zone.

In the NBA, he's a 3 all day. Therefore, he not only needs to show that he can stay in front of elite talent on defense, he'll also have to demonstrate range and consistency on his jump shot ... even to have a chance of being drafted. That conversation can't even be conducted until March.

They would certainly have room for Wiggins. Cal would literally kick a baby in the face and eat his dirst born raw for Wiggins.

I wouldn't kick a baby, but I'd eat Cal's first born for Wiggins!:)

CJ's a crafty college player, with an elite mid-range game (IMO). He's versatile, and can play the 3 or 4 for us, and isn't a bad defender and rebounder in the zone.

In the NBA, he's a 3 all day. Therefore, he not only needs to show that he can stay in front of elite talent on defense, he'll also have to demonstrate range and consistency on his jump shot ... even to have a chance of being drafted. That conversation can't even be conducted until March.
I think CJ could have a lot of success in the NBA, I just don't think that NBA teams will ever believe he could until he plays in the NBA. Every NBA scout seems to have the same vision of what an NBA player should be like and CJ is just slightly too unconventional to fit into their mold. Ironically, I think it's precisely those quirks and intangibles that make him so damn effective.

I think CJ could have a lot of success in the NBA, I just don't think that NBA teams will ever believe he could until he plays in the NBA. Every NBA scout seems to have the same vision of what an NBA player should be like and CJ is just slightly too unconventional to fit into their mold. Ironically, I think it's precisely those quirks and intangibles that make him so damn effective.

He's a quiet stat-stuffer, no doubt. And if the NBA exec's can see that (as they did with Kris Joseph), they may give him a chance even without elite athleticism ... if, that is, he demonstrates range and consistency on his outside shot. That remains to be seen (like what I've seen early).

I think that after 5-10 games of having the green light, CJ's stroke from 3 will eventually dial itself in. Personally, I think he's always had a sweet stroke but hasn't yet been given the freedom to polish it because of our recent abundance of guards & rebounding woes.

Apparently Austin Colbert is pushing his decision back. Rumor has it he's waiting on Roberson's decision on Nova. Nothing concrete.

He's a quiet stat-stuffer, no doubt. And if the NBA exec's can see that (as they did with Kris Joseph), they may give him a chance even without elite athleticism ... if, that is, he demonstrates range and consistency on his outside shot. That remains to be seen (like what I've seen early).
I think that after 5-10 games of having the green light, CJ's stroke from 3 will eventually dial itself in. Personally, I think he's always had a sweet stroke but hasn't yet been given the freedom to polish it because of our recent abundance of guards & rebounding woes.
I like Thickburger just as much as you guys, but as mentioned above, Wes was on another level than CJ, and look where he is... remember how good Sam Young was from Pitt? He's having a tough time sticking in the NBA

Florida is also in the final three for Joel Embiid, a 7 footer from Florida. if he were to commit before Dakari Johnson, it couldn't hurt our chances.

But his mother, Makini Campbell, spoke extensively to SNY.tv Tuesday about her son’s plans and the schools he’s considering.

“Well, I’m not clear, there’s a question mark on Syracuse,” Campbell said. “I’m not sure if one, a scholarship is available, two, whether or not, the players that were signed are very similar to Dakari, whether or not he can be an impact [player] there. That’s a question for him. He’s in analyzing stage right now.”

Campbell said she was uncertain if Coleman and/or Christmas might jump to the NBA after this season.

“It’s like if they’re there and the guys that they have signed are there, then it’s kind of like, does it make sense?” she said. “Would he be impactful there? Will there be a need for a player like Dakari?

“You kind of want to go somewhere where you’re needed.”

Still, Campbell pointed out that the family has a strong relationship with Orange assistant Adrian “Red’ Autry, who began recruiting Johnson when Autry was at Virginia Tech and Johnson was in middle school.

“It’s a longstanding relationship so that’s appealing,” she said of Autry.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/dakari-johnsons-mother-breaks-down-his-six-schools/

But his mother, Makini Campbell, spoke extensively to SNY.tv Tuesday about her son’s plans and the schools he’s considering.

“Well, I’m not clear, there’s a question mark on Syracuse,” Campbell said. “I’m not sure if one, a scholarship is available, two, whether or not, the players that were signed are very similar to Dakari, whether or not he can be an impact [player] there. That’s a question for him. He’s in analyzing stage right now.”

Campbell said she was uncertain if Coleman and/or Christmas might jump to the NBA after this season.

“It’s like if they’re there and the guys that they have signed are there, then it’s kind of like, does it make sense?” she said. “Would he be impactful there? Will there be a need for a player like Dakari?

“You kind of want to go somewhere where you’re needed.”

Still, Campbell pointed out that the family has a strong relationship with Orange assistant Adrian “Red’ Autry, who began recruiting Johnson when Autry was at Virginia Tech and Johnson was in middle school.

“It’s a longstanding relationship so that’s appealing,” she said of Autry.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/dakari-johnsons-mother-breaks-down-his-six-schools/
Makes sense and I don't see either Rak or DC2 going anywhere

he picked up a UK offer yesterday

gotta love that interview with Momma. Really gives you a lot of insight into exactly where Syracuse stands. The comments on Autry help to frame why we are still in the picture given what seems to be a very crowded situation - at least until any early entry decisions are made.