Dakich | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dakich

and why is he staying in college with all those skills?

Do I also get credit for weeks ago stating Purdue was a complete sham as a good team?
Purdue would easily beat FAU, Miami and SDSU in a Best of 7 and maybe UConn. They were a very good team this year. There is a lot of randomness in the tourney which is part of the entertainment value.

I saw Purdue play a ton.. It doesnt mean I had the sound on. I recognized the kid just never paid attention to his name.

The quality of basketball play is down so much.. Yeah the parity has made the bottom teams better but the quaility of the top teams has dropped even more.

Purdue was like a 6-7 seed team in how they play compared to teams 10-15 yrs ago.. Part of that is style of play its less about team skills and more about physical play than it ever was.

What seed was Purdue this year?

“Purdue is a sham because teams were way better 10-15 years ago” is a horrible argument. By that logic basically every team in 2023 has to be a sham or you are being wildly inconsistent.

I saw Purdue play a ton.. It doesnt mean I had the sound on. I recognized the kid just never paid attention to his name.

The quality of basketball play is down so much.. Yeah the parity has made the bottom teams better but the quaility of the top teams has dropped even more.

Purdue was like a 6-7 seed team in how they play compared to teams 10-15 yrs ago.. Part of that is style of play its less about team skills and more about physical play than it ever was.
Purdue is darn pretty good. They are well-coached. They play hard.

They lost in the NCAA Tournament - just like every other No. 1 seed.

good for me I have no idea who Zack Edey was, but after looking I know he was the big dude with no skills other than being huge.
I'm a small dude with no skills other than being small, and yet...

Ill Allow It GIF

Hey.

I get it.

But I watch Purdue and I never saw a pretty good team. I saw a team that won a bunch of games though.

You can only play who you have on the schedule. Much like Kansas was a good team this year but the quality of play on the court was down a few levels from what you normally saw from Kansas the last 10-15 yrs.

I never saw Purdue and went man they are a solid team.. I thought all yr long how are they winning with the effort they are putting out on the court.

Hey.

I get it.

But I watch Purdue and I never saw a pretty good team. I saw a team that won a bunch of games though.

You can only play who you have on the schedule. Much like Kansas was a good team this year but the quality of play on the court was down a few levels from what you normally saw from Kansas the last 10-15 yrs.

I never saw Purdue and went man they are a solid team.. I thought all yr long how are they winning with the effort they are putting out on the court.
I always admired Gene Keady's combover

Hey.

I get it.

Not sure how a number 1 seed (edited), won Big 10 by 3 games, and won the Big 10 tournament is called not very good. Were they flawed? Sure they were flawed like a lot of teams in this era. But to say they were not very good is a strange take. Anything can happen in a one game series.

Last edited:
Bama…to be fair
And they didn’t even make the elite 8!!! They were a terrible team!!!

But in all seriousness, yes you are correct. Purdue was the fourth 1 seed.

Hey.

I get it.

You’re overplaying your hand. If your argument was Purdue was more of a #2 or #3 seed, I’d totally agree because there’s enough respected metrics out there which had Purdue in that range (like Sagarin). I’d even hear out a reason why you thought they were more of a #4 seed, although that would be a tougher sell (and I doubt I’d buy in the end).

But “Purdue was not a solid team” is still a horrible take.

Purdue would easily beat FAU, Miami and SDSU in a Best of 7 and maybe UConn. They were a very good team this year. There is a lot of randomness in the tourney which is part of the entertainment value.

Randomness is one thing, but FDU is one of the worst teams in the country. Painter has built a great program, but he’s not someone I would want on the sideline in a close game with a lot of pressure.

Randomness is one thing, but FDU is one of the worst teams in the country. Painter has built a great program, but he’s not someone I would want on the sideline in a close game with a lot of pressure.
Agree. Purdue has lost to a double digit seed (16, 15, and 13) three straight years. In the FDU game this year Purdue had a massive height advantage and Edey had 0 shot attempts in the final 9 minutes of the game. Some of the blame definitely falls on Painter.

Agree. Purdue has lost to a double digit seed (16, 15, and 13) three straight years. In the FDU game this year Purdue had a massive height advantage and Edey had 0 shot attempts in the final 9 minutes of the game. Some of the blame definitely falls on Painter.
In fairness, I think Edey turned over 4 or 5 entry passes in those last 9 minutes. He was awful down the stretch of that game.

As someone who watched no Purdue this season I couldn’t believe he’s the leading NPOY candidate.

Purdue is nothing without Edey and I’m not sure UConn doesn’t seeep Purdue in best of seven. UConn has a couple legit big boys.

Purdue is nothing without Edey and I’m not sure UConn doesn’t seeep Purdue in best of seven. UConn has a couple legit big boys.

I saw articles before the tourney which included UConn as one of the handful of teams that could win it all, and some of Sagarin’s metrics had them as the best team at the start of the tourney. You could make a case UConn would beat anyone in a best of seven - so that’s not much of a case against Purdue in particular.

I saw articles before the tourney which included UConn as one of the handful of teams that could win it all, and some of Sagarin’s metrics had them as the best team at the start of the tourney. You could make a case UConn would beat anyone in a best of seven - so that’s not much of a case against Purdue in particular.
I said sweep not beat

Not Miami or Yukon…

In fairness, I think Edey turned over 4 or 5 entry passes in those last 9 minutes. He was awful down the stretch of that game.

As someone who watched no Purdue this season I couldn’t believe he’s the leading NPOY candidate.
Part was Edneys fault because he didn’t set his ground and he was too far from the basket. This made him have to dribble/back down to get closer. Which then 3 guys collapsed on him. Then you had times where he got position and it would be a bounce pass and FDU would attack before he could get the ball up quick enough. They needed to be higher entry passes.

The same could be said about Bennett. Last 6 years, Lost to a 13, missed tournament, lost to a 13, COVID, championship, lost to a 16. One tournament run changes the entire narrative.

I said sweep not beat

Again - in the fantasy world that exists only in your head, UConn might sweep Purdue in a seven game series. That somehow “proves” they were a bad team?

Your argument remains horrible and completely data free. If you’re basing your argument on one game, that’s called “cherry picking the data” and is effectively the same as a data free analysis. You’re picking out one data point which supports your claim while ignoring the mountain of evidence that your case is nonsense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom