Dan LeBatard tossed from BWAA ... | Syracusefan.com

Dan LeBatard tossed from BWAA ...

Cowtown

Sesquipedalia verba
ESPN TV and radio host Dan Le Batard has been kicked out of the Baseball Writers' Association of America for one year and barred from future Hall of Fame votes after he turned over his 2014 ballot to a website that allowed readers to make the selections.

The BBWAA said in a statement that it "regards Hall of Fame voting as the ultimate privilege, and any abuse of that privilege is unacceptable."

Le Batard said Wednesday that, as a form of protest, he gave his Hall of Fame vote to Deadspin because he had become disenchanted with the direction the voting process had taken in the steroid era. Le Batard, who is a longtime columnist for the Miami Herald, did not accept anything in return for his vote.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10269700/dan-le-batard-barred-future-votes-hall-fame

Wow. I remember Deadspin saying a couple months ago they had bought a ballot, I never expected it to belong to someone as high profile as LeBatard.

Deadspin claiming they already have a lead on a ballot for next year and are trying to get two.

Good for them. The BBWAA is a joke. The notion that they wont punish someone for sending a blank ballot to make sure no one is unanimous is insane.

There's also this:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/bbw...p-him-vote-on-the-hall-of-fame-dan-le-batard/

As someone who generally doesn't care about baseball, this is more a curiosity to me. Though the sanctimony from the BBWAA is nauseating.

people dont need to send a blank ballot. they vote for more than one anyway. you cant be serious voter most years and think noone eligible deserves to get in.