Dan Mullen | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think we will be 6-6 at the end of the regular season. Not sure what what JW will do. If they have Dino back under no circumstance can they extend him so he will be coming back as a lame duck coach that almost never works.
If today’s result is similar to last week’s then the Dino era needs to end on Sunday or Monday. No chance for him to get a 6th win.

Reactions: FAL
Mullen SRS schedule weighted scoring margin per game at Florida 12.52
Spurrier was 18.54 at florida
Bobby Bowden was 15.95 at florida
Zook 9.61
Muschamp 9.04
Urban Meyer 17.64
McElwain 7.15

Florida fires everyone hoping to find another spurrier or Meyer. It's not that dumb because replacement level hires have a pretty high floor

But it might show that Mullen is better than a bunch of the coaches they've tried which should be good enough for us. Yeah, he's not Meyer or Spurrier but who is that would give us the time of day

Dabo is 14.35
Bobby Bowden just rolled over in his garnet and gold grave... dadgumit..

Why do you take peoples opinion here as something factual in Wildhacks head?
Because certain posters seem to have inside information. Or at least they claim to.

Tony has done an incredible job at Nebraska. I think he’d be solid but I’d still rather have an established HC.
And who’s to say tony would want to come back after 1 year?

305 posts, and no discussion of the Offensive Line. We're not going anywhere until we hire some coaches who actually know how to develop an OL.

Saint Doug knew.

If we have the money I would think Mullen would want Hevesy (worked with Mullen going back to Bowling Green) as OL coach and Addazio as TE coach (assuming he is free). That gets you two Northeast guys with a ton of OL experience. And all 3 have already been at SU.

If we have the money I would think Mullen would want Hevesy (worked with Mullen going back to Bowling Green) as OL coach and Addazio as TE coach (assuming he is free). That gets you two Northeast guys with a ton of OL experience. And all 3 have already been at SU.
That would be a huge upgrade

305 posts, and no discussion of the Offensive Line. We're not going anywhere until we hire some coaches who actually know how to develop an OL.

Saint Doug knew.
It was a good month

Tony has done an incredible job at Nebraska. I think he’d be solid but I’d still rather have an established HC.
Same here, I know Marrone did well without ever being a head coach and Dino has not fared well after already being a head coach( and non HCs Shafer and Gerg sucked) but I would much rather have an experienced head coach. Tony is a great DC and is going to get HC opportunities and may turn out great, but the SU job is tough enough without someone trying to do it as a first time guy

Because certain posters seem to have inside information. Or at least they claim to.

We must have a lot of insiders.

If we did get Dan Mullan, we could dip right into the Wrexham Football chants to get things poppin’ in the JMA Dome…

“We’ve got Mullin Mullen! Super Paul Dan Mullen! I just don’t think you understand ::clap clap clap::…”

Yeah I have 0 concern that Mullen would be able to build a really competent staff of NE guys and SE guys as well.

So what is John’s obsession with Tony?
Wildhack tried to keep him here when Nebraska came calling and he then had some very complimentary quotes in the paper when he left.
People are probably overstating the obsession. Time may tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.