Dan Mullen | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think the recruiting narrative is from his comment in a press conference, not sure which year it happened, it was either before he got fired or the year before he was termed where he said something about we'll talk about recruiting when its time to talk about it, ie around signing days. And that just didnt go over well and Finebaum criticized him etc.
Finebaum … still sporting his last guy picked for kickball grudge. Guy is such a tool.

Chris Ash?! Yeah, baby, close the deal JW!

I'll go all in on a Chris Ash thread again. That was actually kinda fun.

Maybe not for the admins, trying to keep up, pushing the delete buttons.

elf-will-ferrell.gif

I'll go all in on a Chris Ash thread again. That was actually kinda fun.

Maybe not for the admins, trying to keep up, pushing the delete buttons.

elf-will-ferrell.gif
the terror we all felt listening to him in an interview, sounded like a complete crazy person

I like White but that seems pretty risky. Especially with the 2025 schedule. If we have two poor seasons SU would have to bring in a new AD to fix things.

We gave up 160 points or whatever the last four games ... granted it helped that we went 3 and out a billion times...

IMO We will never recruit a good enough/big enough defensive line to consistently win from the defensive side of the ball which is why I will always prefer an offensive coach especially when playing in a dome. I thought Dino was going to be that guy and early on it looked like it but I do feel hiring an offensive first guy is the way to go when you are trying to win with less.

If Matt Patricia becomes SU's head coach, that's enough to cure me of continuing to follow SU football.

Yeah Patricia is a chump, I don’t understand why anyone would want that guy. How many Bill B disciples need to fail before everyone figures out most of them suck without Bill and Tom Brady?
Bill O'Brien is about the only solid coach from the Belichick tree.

Gator fans i know thought Mullen was lazy during his FLA tenure especially recruiting. Think we need younger candidates.
Gator fans also wanted Spurrier gone. And he not only was easily the best coach in their history until then, he also won a Heisman playing for Florida.

I like White but if he's the answer that's a terrible move. This program clearly needs an offensive coach be it Mullen or someone else.

I'm intrigued by him, and would interview him. But his plans for the offense would have to be toward the beginning of the interview.

Just depends on the guy. Bob Stoops was a defensive genius. Got the Oklahoma job and instantly, and successfully, transformed that sputtering run left, run right, let's pretend its 1976 offense to a wide open look that was pass first. Nebraska to this day still hasn't been able to pull that off.

Not saying he's Bob Stoops, but just that some defensive guys understand the value of a good offense. They know what kept them up at night.

IMO We will never recruit a good enough/big enough defensive line to consistently win from the defensive side of the ball which is why I will always prefer an offensive coach especially when playing in a dome. I thought Dino was going to be that guy and early on it looked like it but I do feel hiring an offensive first guy is the way to go when you are trying to win with less.

I'd say the same thing about the offensive line. The defense can go to a 3-3-5 because we're better at recruiting D-backs than D-linemen but I think you need 5 interior offensive linemen and the failure to recruit enough good ones is why our offense hasn't gotten off the ground in years.

Yeah Patricia is a chump, I don’t understand why anyone would want that guy. How many Bill B disciples need to fail before everyone figures out most of them suck without Bill and Tom Brady?

IMO, Brady is the best QB that ever played the game, and the proximate cause of Belichick's immense success. This is not a slight on Belichick in anyway, but I see his successes equivalent to the success of Phil Jackson. Jackson, had the luxury of his successes with the best player to ever play the game in Jordan, and then at LA with the likes of Kobe and Shaq.

Look at the Pats without Tom the past few years. Same with Jackson when he no longer had the luxuries of Jordan, Kobe or Shaq.

I'm intrigued by him, and would interview him. But his plans for the offense would have to be toward the beginning of the interview.

Just depends on the guy. Bob Stoops was a defensive genius. Got the Oklahoma job and instantly, and successfully, transformed that sputtering run left, run right, let's pretend its 1976 offense to a wide open look that was pass first. Nebraska to this day still hasn't been able to pull that off.

Not saying he's Bob Stoops, but just that some defensive guys understand the value of a good offense. They know what kept them up at night.

He needs to have a plan on how he will recruit and portal guys in here that actually works. Doing a tour of duty at Cuse should be helpful in that regard. Would have to assume eyes wide open.

Sitting at the foot of Matt Rhule for a year helps a lot.

IMO, Brady is the best QB that ever played the game, and the proximate cause of Belichick's immense success. This is not a slight on Belichick in anyway, but I see his successes equivalent to the success of Phil Jackson. Jackson, had the luxury of his successes with the best player to ever play the game in Jordan, and then at LA with the likes of Kobe and Shaq.

Look at the Pats without Tom the past few years. Same with Jackson when he no longer had the luxuries of Jordan, Kobe or Shaq.

Knicks fan raises hand and agrees...

Status
Not open for further replies.