Dan Mullen | Page 136 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Florida; they were running a clip of the FSU game in the background during the outro.
Any context to him making that comment or was that definitely a syracuse reference.

My favorite part of this thread is the people getting preemptively angry with SU for not hiring the guy that is only connected to the search by batsh!t internet rumor.

You guys are the true heroes that don’t wear capes.
I absolutely wear a cape and you are clearly not woke and need to be cancelled. How dare you exclude us caped heroes

My favorite part of this thread is the people getting preemptively angry with SU for not hiring the guy that is only connected to the search by batsh!t internet rumor.

You guys are the true heroes that don’t wear capes.
If you aren’t ready to get angry about an Arbitrary coaching hire on the internet I’m not sure you deserve to witness this threads greatness

What the hell is going on?!!???!
It was a comment right at the end of the halftime show with Dan Mullen about coaching rumors.

edit.. I don’t know how to interpret what was said but the word “rumor” was a little unnerving.

At some point money talks. I doubt ADJW has a completely blank check and Mullen may be moving the goalpost from his original ask for all we know. Not to be one of those condescending posters who love to lecture about how negotiating is done but everyone has a number they won’t cross on either side.

Not that I know anything but my best guess Is Cuse gave Mullen a best and final offer and Mullen is mulling it over. While he is mulling it over… Cuse is smartly interviewing Chesney in case Mullen says no to best and final. One way or another we will find out next week or we will see new names in the rumor mill from Thamel.
Ok…

…but what if I told you that Jimmy Sexton, agent to Mullen and most of the SEC head coaches, employs three junior marketers on his team to embed rumors into fan bases? (It applies pressure on AD’s as to not want to look bad to rabid fan bases/boosters.)

And then, what if I told you the the Texas-based search consultant is retained to, yes, vet some candidates, but more importantly, provide University-friendly counterintelligence so schools don’t get suckered into over listing the market? (note: Texas A&M is outside the conversation.)

And then, what if I told you that four people at ESPN have given their input on what Mullen is like off-camera - does he study during the week, is he knowledgeable of next telecast teams or is he reliant on Disney research reports?)

And sadly, what if I told you that Mullen was never ever real, but will be a part of the narrative when someone less exciting (note: everyone else on the board) is hired. That is pending how you feel about Al Golden.

I am sure there are some allowances. Georgetown soccer coach told us he got 10 guys he could get in under admissions.
Yeah, that's G-town. B.C. rejected Arnold and Maria's son who got accepted at the top Cal schools.

Ok…

…but what if I told you that Jimmy Sexton, agent to Mullen and most of the SEC head coaches, employs three junior marketers on his team to embed rumors into fan bases? (It applies pressure on AD’s as to not want to look bad to rabid fan bases/boosters.)

And then, what if I told you the the Texas-based search consultant is retained to, yes, vet some candidates, but more importantly, provide University-friendly counterintelligence so schools don’t get suckered into over listing the market? (note: Texas A&M is outside the conversation.)

And then, what if I told you that four people at ESPN have given their input on what Mullen is like off-camera - does he study during the week, is he knowledgeable of next telecast teams or is he reliant on Disney research reports?)

And sadly, what if I told you that Mullen was never ever real, but will be a part of the narrative when someone less exciting (note: everyone else on the board) is hired. That is pending how you feel about Al Golden.
I would tell you, that there is an angry, bourbon soaked mob heading their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.