Dan Mullen | Page 138 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either is mega troll or they all know and just having fun with Dan
Thinking this through logically, there are a few possible situations right?

1. Mullen is the guy - they're joking around with him a bit and trolling us. Fair enough I guess.

2. Mullen is not the guy - they're joking about the rumors. Kind of mean to him if he wanted the job.

3. Mullen was never interested or in the mix - they're joking about the rumors. Fair enough, but reputable posters confirm he was on campus right? (I haven't read the entire thread.)

4. Mullen is in the mix and it's not finalized - I'm pretty sure they'd be keeping their mouths shut.

So if my logic is sound, he's either the guy or he was never interested.

1. Mullen is the guy - they're joking around with him a bit and trolling us. Fair enough I guess.

2. Mullen is not the guy - they're joking about the rumors. Kind of mean to him if he wanted the job.

3. Mullen was never interested or in the mix - they're joking about the rumors. Fair enough, but reputable posters confirm he was on campus right? (I haven't read the entire thread.)

4. Mullen is in the mix and it's not finalized - I'm pretty sure they'd be keeping their mouths shut.

Totally agree. If it wasn’t finalized I can’t imagine they’d be joking about it.

I don’t know. I gotta think if there were legs to this, they wouldn’t be having so much fun with it. That’s a bit disrespectful for a colleague to do that so publicly two days in a row on national TV.
I think the exact opposite. I think because there is legs, that’s why they are having fun. He is teasing a colleague because he knows he can’t say anything on the air no matter if it’s true or not

I was told there would be a leak tonight followed by a confirmation tomorrow and a press conference Monday at 11am. Where is my leak?
240px-Urinal_3.jpg

I don’t know. I gotta think if there were legs to this, they wouldn’t be having so much fun with it. That’s a bit disrespectful for a colleague to do that so publicly two days in a row on national TV.
It's disrespectful to joke with your friend on TV?

You don't think because of in studio commitments all day that a few discussions might not take place over zoom? I had a final interview with a CEO over Zoom. High level discussions take place all the time over Zoom. Since Mullen was in town Wed (confirmed by 3 insiders), it's possible that it's been Zoom calls due to ESPN commitments in between. If things go well, he comes Sunday or Monday.
If they offered and he agreed in principle, it would probably be his agent ironing out the details, not him.

You said it better than I tried to.

these jokes are only funny if you already know the end results, and you know Mullen can’t say a word.

Haha yup, they wouldn’t be joking about it if it wasn’t pretty much finalized already.

He was on campus Wednesday, players, commits, donors and alum are all following him on Twitter as of Wednesday. Dan literally reached to Wildhack for this. Dan wanted this job, Dan got job.

Have a feeling this wrapped up by midweek

Yep and to mention this on consecutive days simply to mock us (Cuse) doesn't really set well, would be a total douche move, so I think there still may be a chance he’s coming …
Im not even thinking from that angle. Is it worth it to troll such a small fanbase on TV? Maybe because hes surrounded by newhouse people he would do it?

I posted a few pages ago, there is an 1130pm flight scheduled to leaved Bedford Airport (outside of Boston) to Syracuse. An insider last night mentioned that airport specifically as there was nothing from Boston.

Now, it appears to be a 2 hr drive from Bristol to Bedford. I cant imagine taking a 2 hr drive to hop on a 1 hr private jet. Closest airport to Bristol CT is Hartford, and there is nothing from there scheduled to land in Cuse.

Maybe he choppers to Bedford to meet up with fam and fly back together?

I think all this fly tracking stuff is nonsense but I can’t see anyone flying in this late and getting to their room at what 1am. It’s more plausible to fly in tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.