Dan Mullen | Page 194 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s done it at every level. I see
Him as an extension of pasqualoni and Mac who were lower level hc guys.
I don’t see the comparisons.

Coach P played at the highest level as an LB at Penn State. He also had four years coaching linebackers at Syracuse before he became the SU HC.

Chesney has no experience at the P5 level playing or coaching. He has no experience playing or coaching at the G5 level.

I don’t think any of his assistants have any experience playing or coaching at the P5 or G5 levels either.

McPherson played at a higher level as a player than Chesney did as well. And he had vastly more exposure to higher level football as a coach as well. He was an assistant for several FBS level schools, he was HC for UMass for seven years and was a coach in the NFL for a couple of years twice.

Chesney might end up being a good HC at the P5 level someday but he isn’t remotely close to where Mac or Coach P were when they became the SU HC.

So the presser will be

John naming the coach
Or
John updating us on the ongoing process
Or
His end of season presser
Or
Nunes is wrong and it’s the regular Monday HC presser

You haven't heard either way? It's nuts that the normal insider types haven't heard anything of substance yet.

So the presser will be

John naming the coach
Or
Or
Or

I don’t understand this post — there are no gifs, no Sam Elliott references and it’s rational and on topic.

Explain yourself, please.

But you won’t win games with that “little”, then no one else will come. Win games, then any coach can cherry pick the NE.
That’s not the only part to having an 85-scholarship P4 team, but as blatantly said by Wildhack, a key component to a head coach when Syracuse has been most successful.

To win, you need a strategy and approach. We heard numerous stories how little Babers did with NYS coaches and how futile they did in the NE with what’s there.

I don’t see the comparisons.

Coach P played at the highest level as an LB at Penn State. He also had four years coaching linebackers at Syracuse before he became the SU HC.

Chesney has no experience at the P5 level playing or coaching. He has no experience playing or coaching at the G5 level.

I don’t think any of his assistants have any experience playing or coaching at the P5 or G5 levels either.

McPherson played at a higher level as a player than Chesney did as well. And he had vastly more exposure to higher level football as a coach as well. He was an assistant for several FBS level schools, he was HC for UMass for seven years and was a coach in the NFL for a couple of years twice.

Chesney might end up being a good HC at the P5 level someday but he isn’t remotely close to where Mac or Coach P were when they became the SU HC.
Agree. Mullen is definitely my top choice, but if it's Chesney, they will have to surround him w/ an excellent staff and some good D-1 recruiters. I still think it'll be Mullen-Too much smoke.

Last edited:
So the presser will be

John naming the coach
Or
Or
Or
No-for-4.

Press conferences are communicated to all credentialed members. Saying “rumored” was weak and telegraphed what Nunes doesn’t know…

Last edited:
Outside of a proven coach such as Mullen who is my first choice, who else is an established P5 coach that we could get? Golden, Diaz, Bronco? None of them excite me, Chesney is high risk high reward target. he has won everywhere, guy is smart, dynamic and gets the most out of his players. He coaches up talent which is what we need. I’m not sure why there is such hate out there for this guy. 4 days ago we were all swinging his praises. elimunelson this isn’t directed at you.
No offense taken. I like wildhack thinking outside the box. Group think does nothing for me.

If it did then no brainer hires like jimbo would be no failure.

Just finally got off the ground to Dallas..

Woodford acquired and now I just have to figure out how to kick the rest of these humps on the airplane off the internet so that I have adequate bandwidth to continually hit refresh on this thread. Anyone have a trick? Thanks in advance.

I would think so.. But then they could also X/Tweet it so people wouldnt get so worked up..
It wouldn’t have been an issue except for the nunes tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.