Dan Mullen | Page 192 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hearing things are being hung up over some contract language; specifically over the use of the word "owie." Dan really wants to use it but Dino trademarked it when he was coaching in Eastern Illinois, hence why Wildhack is meeting at the Illinois Trademark HQ in Chicago.

Plan B is seeing if Dan is ok with using "boo boo" or "ouchie" in pressers. Sigh, annoying but these things happen.

Chesney is like waiving the white flag saying “we dont give a crap about this program and will just cash ACC checks”. I will tip the table over if hes the guy
Hyperbolic

My first choice is Mullin but Thamel didn’t mention and to me that’s something to note.

Chesney vs the field. Give me the wild card.

So has Sam Elliott

sam elliott 80s GIF

I'm hearing things are being hung up over some contract language; specifically over the use of the word "owie." Dan really wants to use it but Dino trademarked it when he was coaching in Eastern Illinois, hence why Wildhack is meeting at the Illinois Trademark HQ in Chicago.

Plan B is seeing if Dan is ok with using "boo boo" or "ouchie" in pressers. Sigh, annoying but these things happen.
Thank you for reminding me of another reason I dislike Dino

Chesney is going to be a fantastic coach at the top of college football. Not sure why anyone would riot w the selection. I’m still of the opinion we need a fully invested north east coach who comes w a different mindset to the job.

He will be good. Will be a courageous choice by wildhack but this opportunity has to be a roll of the dice. Even Mullin w the financial commitment is as big of a dice roll. Both situations could go terribly wrong. One of those would put us in a hole financially
I don’t get the NE coach thing. There are not enough good-great HS players in the NE to field a competitive ACC team.

Chesney is going to be a fantastic coach at the top of college football. Not sure why anyone would riot w the selection. I’m still of the opinion we need a fully invested north east coach who comes w a different mindset to the job.

He will be good. Will be a courageous choice by wildhack but this opportunity has to be a roll of the dice. Even Mullin w the financial commitment is as big of a dice roll. Both situations could go terribly wrong. One of those would put us in a hole financiall

What exactly makes you so sure he’s going to be a fantastic head coach at the top of college football? His entire resume is at the D3, D2 and FCS. I’d rather take a proven coach at the P5 level or someone that’s at least been a high level assistant at P5.
No coaching hire is a sure thing. Les Miles at Kansas, Jimbo at A&M, Willie Taggart at FSU, Rich Rod at Arizona, Dino at SU.

Hyperbolic

My first choice is Mullin but Thamel didn’t mention and to me that’s something to note.

Chesney vs the field. Give me the wild card.
I won’t really react one way or another to Chesney. very low floor hire with an unknown ceiling

Google did not help me understand this :(

Ah, cause I screwed up, and it’s Bucky Goldstein.

It’s from a classic Steven Wright bit.

"I was on a bus and I started talking to this blond Chinese girl and she said, 'Hello,' and I said, 'Hello, isn't it an amazing day?'
And she said, 'Yes, I guess.' And I said, 'What do you mean, "I guess"?' And she said, 'Well, things haven't been going too well for me lately.' I said, 'Why?' She said, 'I can't tell you. I don't even know you.' And I said, 'Yeah, but sometimes it's good to tell your problems to a total stranger on a bus.'
And she said, 'Well, I've just come back from my analyst and he's still unable to help me.'
And I said, 'What's the problem?' And she said, 'I'm a nymphomaniac, and I only get turned on by Jewish cowboys.'
Then she said, 'By the way, my name is Diane.'

And I said, 'Hello, Diane, I'm Bucky Goldstein.'"

It would be so on-brand for ADJW to balk at his own criteria and not hire a head coach with power five experience
You can’t be so rigid in preset criteria that you miss out on good candidates. He has hired enough people to know if he should break his own mold.

Listen, if the biggest problem in your life is talking about bourbon and Sam Elliott, your life ain’t bad.

Fire up Road House and pour some Angel’s Envy, manifest Dan Mullen, learn how to track airplanes and generally question what the meaning of life is. Wait, what was I saying?

I don’t get the NE coach thing. There are not enough good-great HS players in the NE to field a competitive ACC team.
You need to win what little you have first and foremost.

And a coach that truly gets how hard it is has less to learn on that front.

Ah, cause screwed up, and it’s Bucky Goldstein.

It’s from a classic Steven Wright bit.

"I was on a bus and I started talking to this blond Chinese girl and she said, 'Hello,' and I said, 'Hello, isn't it an amazing day?'
And she said, 'Yes, I guess.' And I said, 'What do you mean, "I guess"?' And she said, 'Well, things haven't been going too well for me lately.' I said, 'Why?' She said, 'I can't tell you. I don't even know you.' And I said, 'Yeah, but sometimes it's good to tell your problems to a total stranger on a bus.'
And she said, 'Well, I've just come back from my analyst and he's still unable to help me.'
And I said, 'What's the problem?' And she said, 'I'm a nymphomaniac, and I only get turned on by Jewish cowboys.'
Then she said, 'By the way, my name is Diane.'

And I said, 'Hello, Diane, I'm Bucky Goldstein.'"
I've seen him three times.

Status
Not open for further replies.