Dan Mullen | Page 219 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll put it this way: I don’t watch football (of any kind) anymore and I was still glued to this thread all weekend. I understood what was at stake for the future of not just the football program, but all of SU athletics.

Even if Chesney is a success, SU will only serve as a stepping stone.
And, so what? It means he did what he was hired to do.

Sure but there were some very plugged insiders who said the exact opposite. If the AD wanted to squash rumors, they could have done so very quickly. This reads more that it was close but fell apart at the end.

The only real info was that there was a discussion with him and the administration. I don't recall seeing any insiders saying his hiring was imminnent but maybe I missed it.

I’ve fired out some texts. No one knows anything. They all just agree it’s still Mullen. Said not a coincidence with the Twitter and all that stuff going. One person stated “they aren’t just making jokes to make jokes. They have to know”
I think it’s time to turn off the act. Mullen himself said he’s not the next coach.

You don’t have to make stuff up to be a respected fan.

Guys like Jason Candle and Curt Cignetti are starting to sound much better now. If in fact they are actual candidates.

Mullen would have been a great hire but we must move on now. I wanted Marrone but that’s not happening either.

We are lucky someone didn’t post a rumor about Sean Payton coming here or a quarter of you would be dangling from your ceiling fans right now.
the thing is nobody really knows if Mullen was ever even a serious candidate here regardless of what internet keyboard warriors like to post. Hey, I love it, it's all entertaining but to jump from one conclusion to the next seems crazy. Mullen wanted the job and Syracuse screwed it up? Where are the facts other than internet rumor? There aren't any. Like I said, it's all fun and I am here for all of it but the fact that Mullen had no issue tweeting out that he won't be coaching at Syracuse tells me he was never a serious candidate. That's my opinion and clearly just as good as anyone else's as to what is really going on here

Go to bed at 1145. Finally get a good night sleep. Wake up to this. The timing of all this makes no sense. He could have EASILY said something earlier in the week that he wasn’t going to be a candidate or whatever. His tweet said he will not be the coach. He had since last week to say “hey everyone stop it I’m not even interested” but he didn’t. He waited until Sunday night at midnight.

I’m not mad, I’m disappointed.

I think it’s time to turn off the act. Mullen himself said he’s not the next coach.

You don’t have to make stuff up to be a respected fan.
And people like you are why I don’t share things on here and have only a small group of people I talk to. You think I have nothing better to do? Amazing there can be such stupidity on here

No one has sold me on why him. He’s coaching holy cross who didn’t even get into the playoffs.how can you be certain this guy can walk into a p5 program and do what’s needed to advance us. Not one person on that list is exciting and sells a single ticket. This is just another cheap money saving hire at cash check u
What coach sell tickets?

He may not be. There are a lot of assuumptions associated with Mullen: 1. He is the favorite, the top choice
2. His salary request is more than we we paid Babers, is in the SEC range and his previous salary, reported to be more than the 4 million we paid Babers.
Coach's salary side, we still have NIL concerns... Players want to be paid now.
Another big assumption was how much the hire was pushing attendance. The average fan does not have the love affair with Dan Mullen that the board does. Chesney takes advantage of a soft schedule people will come back.

There’s not a 300% increase.
Correct. There’s a small section that will be premium club seats because they can charge it and make more money. Lots of good seats in the dome so you can easily charge a lot more for some premium ones and keep the rest more affordable.

Status
Not open for further replies.