Dan Mullen | Page 221 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the fit for Syracuse is someone from a tiny school with no recruiting experience?

Did HC pray for recruits to show up to a tiny school in Worcester. If anything he's probably the best recruiter we coudl hire based on how he got talent that D1 wants right now (Sluka, etc)

I don’t honestly remember Monday morning pressers after the season ends. Was there one when the bye week started?
There were pressers for multiple teams - not just us - and all about 11am.
(Duke was the outlier at 1pm)

Doesn't matter now, sorry.

I hear Fran Brown (Georgia DB Coach) was interviewed. Brown does meet Wildhacks requirement as a former Assistant Head Coach (Baylor & Temple) and co-Defensive Coordinator (Temple). He is one heck of a recruiter and was named the top recruiter in the nation for the 2024 recruiting cycle in July 2023 by 24-7 Sports.

Baylor: Brown followed Rhule to Baylor where he served as the Bears' assistant head coach and defensive backs coach for the 2017 and 2018 seasons. During his time in Waco Brown was considered Baylor's top recruiter.

Temple: Following the 2018 season, Brown interviewed for the head coaching job at Temple that eventually went to Manny Diaz whose first hire at Temple was to bring Brown in as assistant head coach and co-defensive coordinator. After 17 days, Diaz left Temple to return to Miami for the head coaching job. Brown interviewed for the Temple head coaching job, but it eventually went to Rod Carey who kept Brown on the Temple Owl's coaching staff as the co-defensive coordinator.

https://x.com/247sports/status/1684992337645346816?s=61

IMG_7342.jpeg

There is a thing called fit. Like Harsin to Auburn was an awful fit. Candle is not a fit for a Southern job. Miss State or Duke not being interested in him doesn't make him a bad HC. But he is a good fit for a B18 job. In fact Candle is a better fit for Indiana vs SU. Schools need to hire someone who will be a fit culturally.

Chesney would fit at Duke just fine.

And people like you are why I don’t share things on here and have only a small group of people I talk to. You think I have nothing better to do? Amazing there can be such stupidity on here
Yes and you should not be discussing stupidity or Dan Mullen on this forum ever again.
This isn’t my day job where I have “to be right” lol I share information from what is told to me. Lotta different people on the inside. I’ll be sure to not share with you next time and stick to my
Group
please do.

This isn’t my day job where I have “to be right” lol I share information from what is told to me. Lotta different people on the inside. I’ll be sure to not share with you next time and stick to my
Group

Appreciate your info but have to disagree with "Lotta different people on the inside." There are only few true insiders. For instance someone working in the football wing would not be an insider for who the new HC will be. They would just be passing rumors and not actual info.

A lot of idiot posters posting on here

You want to know why most of the people don’t share info on here anymore?

Take a look at how you’re talking to Bulldog, someone who most of you don’t even kkow

He reported what he had been told, because your angry at Cuse because you had already sold yourself to Mullen is not his fault

Things like this change and they change in a hurry.

It was evident yesterday when things went very quiet a pivot had occurred. We don’t know if it was Mullen, Syracuse or a combo

Don’t attack posters with knowledge at the time.

Pretty disgusting really.

This is the greatest thread in the history of the board, and out of respect for it we can't look backward. Wild speculation on who's to blame for rumored Mullen interactions breaking down isn't our path forward. Neither is attacking folks who shared information that was incorrect or changed over time. It's time to get back to tracking private jets, discussing bourbon, negotiating hall passes and weighing the pros and cons of the remaining mediocre candidates that are in play.

Things I learned spending time in this thread...

1) If there is ever a White Elephant thing for this board, buy a bottle of bourbon.
2) How to spell bourbon.
3) If Syracuse ever hires a big name coach, it will generate far more excitement and interest than I ever thought.
4) There are a lot of people on this board who stay up really late every night, at least during a holiday weekend.
5) We should pay attention to what Pete Thamel says about coaching searches. He once again showed he knows what the hell he is talking about.
6) Full disclosure. I am not sure what really happened with Mullen these past few days. I know he was in Syracuse Wednesday. I am 99% sure that means he was interested in the job and interviewed for it. Just that alone heartens me. A legit big time HC was interested in the job and apparently thought it was worth an interview and some thought. And it appears we went after him. If we actually came close to signing him, damn. If JW ever writes a book, there needs to be a story in it about what really happened here.
7) I personally would be happy to get Tony White back as our HC, and have him retain Jason Beck as the OC. Could see where Rocky Long agrees to serve as his DC for a year or so of transition and serves as his mentor guiding him through his first year as a head coach. Tony knows the landscape, knows the conference, knows a lot of the players. The players love him. A lot of them would stay for him. And I think our fans and boosters would pony up money for NIl for Tony.
8) Would also be very comfortable hiring Bronco Mendenhall. This is another scenario where Coach Beck would be retained as the OC. His vast network of contacts would aid him greatly in building a new staff. He knows Rocky well, has coached with the 3-3-5 and Coach Long and I would guess there is a good chance we would again retain the 3-3-5 scheme and Coach Long if we go this way.
9) Candle, Golden, Chesney all have attraction. Coen too. Personally, all things being equal, I would prefer a guy who has been a P5 HC over other guys. So Golden is probably next on my list (after the guys listed under bullet 7). But I haven't heard almost any of these guys speak and would have to know more about their vision for the program and how they would plan to go about implementing it.

Last edited:
This is the greatest thread in the history of the board, and out of respect for it we can't look backward. Wild speculation on who's to blame for rumored Mullen interactions breaking down isn't our path forward. Neither is attacking folks who shared information that was incorrect or changed over time. It's time to get back to tracking private jets, discussing bourbon, negotiating hall passes and weighing the pros and cons of the remaining mediocre candidates that are in play.
dua lipa is my hall pass. and so are about 100 others "just in case" but she is my main.

I hear Fran Brown (Georgia DB Coach) was interviewed. Brown does meet Wildhacks requirement as a former Assistant Head Coach (Baylor & Temple) and co-Defensive Coordinator (Temple). He is one heck of a recruiter and was named the top recruiter in the nation for the 2024 recruiting cycle in July 2023 by 24-7 Sports.

Baylor: Brown followed Rhule to Baylor where he served as the Bears' assistant head coach and defensive backs coach for the 2017 and 2018 seasons. During his time in Waco Brown was considered Baylor's top recruiter.

Temple: Following the 2018 season, Brown interviewed for the head coaching job at Temple that eventually went to Manny Diaz whose first hire at Temple was to bring Brown in as assistant head coach and co-defensive coordinator. After 17 days, Diaz left Temple to return to Miami for the head coaching job. Brown interviewed for the Temple head coaching job, but it eventually went to Rod Carey who kept Brown on the Temple Owl's coaching staff as the co-defensive coordinator.

https://x.com/247sports/status/1684992337645346816?s=61

View attachment 233910

These guys all follow Fran Brown cause he’s a jersey guy and worked at Rutgers.

You should question who was feeding you the rumors. I still need someone on here to say they laid eyes on Dan Mullin on campus. Was that even confirmed first hand.
Here is the issue with leakers - they are untrustworthy by nature. They are belying someone else's trust to even report info. So by that logic should you ever truly trust them?

Take a look at how you’re talking to Bulldog, someone who most of you don’t even kkow

He reported what he had been told, because your angry at Cuse because you had already sold yourself to Mullen is not his fault

It was evident yesterday when things went very quiet a pivot had occurred. We don’t know if it was Mullen, Syracuse or a combo

Right, the enterprise rental guy is the idiot, not the posters questioning the enterprise rental guy. WE have no idea who's feeding BS or not. It's crazy to suggest the guy who was 100% wrong is getting the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not sure anything pivoted ever. Just because of threads on a rumor site?

I'm taking crazy pills.

Yup. Also blindly forgetting that other reliable posters confirmed he was in Syracuse.

ADs office clamped down on info and leaks after that. Then something happened. Don’t get mad at the messenger. So many a holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.