Dan Mullen | Page 220 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is wrong with Duke? I see there lists of potential candidates and Chesney isn't on it?!!!! Maybe its a Northeast thing but somehow Indiana seems to be overlooking his greatness as well, I am shocked.

I said early on if Chesney were located anywhere else in the country no one on this board would be mentioning his name. All of these respected football people who think highly of Chesney must not be around Duke or Indiana.

So the press conference gets scheduled for Monday. Then in a short time it says it’s canceled and then a short time after that Mullen speaks for the first time saying he’s not the guy? Not a coincidence
There was never a schedule Monday presser related to the HC search. The media was never contacted about it.

Don’t get your hopes up. He won’t address any candidate that we didn’t hire just as a coach wouldn’t address a recruit that chose another school
Exactly and this happens all the time. Elko wasn't A&Ms first choice. It's a business. The coaches get it. Probably add some cash to the deal to soothe any bruised feelings.

He's not making stuff up. You can only report what your hearing. Sometimes it's spot on and other times it's way off. I highly doubt he's making stuff up.
I think it's a combination of bad info and inflating a few things along the way. Clearly, a lot of the stuff that was said was not remotely true. Now, the play for many is that "syracuse must have screwed it up" That's just crazy to me based off internet rumor. Like I said, it's all wildly entertaining but the info given was not accurate whatsoever.

This is the same poster who stated Mark Few was in the mix for the Syracuse basketball job so I would tread lightly. It's all fun but if you want to be considered the guy with good info you have to be right once in a while. The blind squirrel deal

So the press conference gets scheduled for Monday. Then in a short time it says it’s canceled and then a short time after that Mullen speaks for the first time saying he’s not the guy? Not a coincidence

One source Tortola said there was a presser, a source that most said was never right, which outlet said the alleged presser was cancelled? Because both seem to be false. The board likes to craft the narrative as it goes.

Last edited:
We are lucky someone didn’t post a rumor about Sean Payton coming here or a quarter of you would be dangling from your ceiling fans right now.
he'd bash Dino on Twitter

Yeah and you must not be familiar with my relationships which is fine. But those that do understand. And there’s zero chance I would ever say something that didn’t come from an inside source
Thanks for all your information Bulldog. Unlinke some, I like any information that we can get. Obviously things change, that’s why it’s a negotiation and wasn’t an announcement. Not sure why others have to bash you when things just don’t work out. This is exactly why more and more people stop posting any type of information on this board.

Yeah and you must not be familiar with my relationships which is fine. But those that do understand. And there’s zero chance I would ever say something that didn’t come from an inside source
You should question who was feeding you the rumors. I still need someone on here to say they laid eyes on Dan Mullin on campus. Was that even confirmed first hand.

Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

Fans re: Syracuse football and blundering something.

I think it's a combination of bad info and inflating a few things along the way. Clearly, a lot of the stuff that was said was not remotely true. Now, the play for many is that "syracuse must have screwed it up" That's just crazy to me based off internet rumor. Like I said, it's all wildly entertaining but the info given was not accurate whatsoever.

This is the same poster who stated Mark Few was in the mix for the Syracuse basketball job so I would tread lightly. It's all fun but if you want to be considered the guy with good info you have to be right once in a while. The blind squirrel deal
This isn’t my day job where I have “to be right” lol I share information from what is told to me. Lotta different people on the inside. I’ll be sure to not share with you next time and stick to my
Group

I have no idea who your contacts are, and I don't care. You're way too thin skinned, and get way too butthurt anytime anyone questions your info for me to consider you anything more than a gossip hound who accidentally gets things right once in a while. This does not appear to be one of those times.

One source said there was a presser, a source that most said was never right, which source said the alleged presser was cancelled?
Isn't there an end-of-year presser at 11am? (no, it wasn't last week's session at the same time/day of week)
I swear I saw it listed on ESPN (TV app) - under ACC - when I was trying to find the Wake game on Saturday.

Now there's only a Duke presser at 1pm, and no signs of Syracuse.

You should question who was feeding you the rumors. I still need someone on here to say they laid eyes on Dan Mullin on campus. Was that even confirmed first hand.
No. And if he was there would have been weird that there were zero pictures

I said early on if Chesney were located anywhere else in the country no one on this board would be mentioning his name. All of these respected football people who think highly of Chesney must not be around Duke or Indiana.

There is a thing called fit. Like Harsin to Auburn was an awful fit. Candle is not a fit for a Southern job. Miss State or Duke not being interested in him doesn't make him a bad HC. But he is a good fit for a B18 job. In fact Candle is a better fit for Indiana vs SU. Schools need to hire someone who will be a fit culturally.

I have no idea who your contacts are, and I don't care. You're way too thin skinned, and get way too butthurt anytime anyone questions your info for me to consider you anything more than a gossip hound who accidentally gets things right once in a while. This does not appear to be one of those times.
Lol

There is a thing called fit. Like Harsin to Auburn was an awful fit. Candle is not a fit for a Southern job. Miss State or Duke not being interested in him doesn't make him a bad HC. But he is a good fit for a B18 job. In fact Candle is a better fit for Indiana vs SU. Schools need to hire someone who will be a fit culturally.
So the fit for Syracuse is someone from a tiny school with no recruiting experience?

Isn't there an end-of-year presser at 11am? (no, it wasn't last week's session at the same time/day of week)
I swear I saw it listed on ESPN (TV app) - under ACC - when I was trying to find the Wake game on Saturday.

Now there's only a Duke presser at 1pm, and no signs of Syracuse.

I don’t honestly remember Monday morning pressers after the season ends. Was there one when the bye week started?

hard for people to conceptualize this. Dick Macpherson wouldn't have been a good cultural fit at Texas A&M is my guess. Some guys have the relationships where they live and coach.

It's a regionalized sport that has been seduced by non regionalized conference alignments. At the end of the day you still are kinda pulling the rank and file from your 300 mile radius.

Chesney is a regional guy. Marrone is a regional guy, Golden would be a regional guy, O'Brien would be a regional guy. Type of guys who know how to get from Syracuse to any catholic school in new england/new jersey/NY without GPS. We don't need another GERG or a lane kiffin sugar high type.

Status
Not open for further replies.