Dan Mullen | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the things that I don’t think has been spoken about yet, if it has I’ll just add my take on the point, is with a massive splash hire like this, you’d think it would excite our current commits and top current players and give us a really good chance to keep them. Obviously I’m sure there’s some Mullen might give a nudge to and advise them it’s not a great fit, but a kid like Tremble is the one I’m thinking of on the commits front, it would be massive to keep him on board and you’d think a hire like Mullen would really make that a possibility.
I think it would go a long way towards retaining whoever is of value both on the current roster and in the current class and allow us to really finish strong in this class and exploit the portal. I fully expect a domino effect.

I hope he gets on a plane after the BC game and this gets done tonight. I’m going to need thumb surgery with the amount of refreshing i’m doing if it’s not official soon.

As r/NBA likes to say, "It's F5 season, boys!"

(for anyone that doesn't know, F5 does page refresh)

I was told a very unlikely person reached out almost immediately after Dino was fired but wasn’t told who it was. Then yesterday I confirmed it was Mullen from some very close to the program people

From calling ACC games this year and seeing how bad the league is he probably thinks he can win the conference pretty easily and get into the playoff.

There was someone on this board who was really good (weirdly) at that lol. We need him now more than ever.
this wouldn't happen today, he would fly here to do the intro press conference (especially if the reports that he was here on Wed are true). They would announce this on a weekday, not weekend. You bury bad news on a friday, especially the Friday after Thanksgiving. We may get the tweet over the weekend that this is close. But my bet would be nothing official until next week.

From calling ACC games this year and seeing how bad the league is he probably thinks he can win the conference pretty easily and get into the playoff.

Yup and even in “down years” he can easily win 6-7 games and basically have lifetime job security if he wants.

That can be a big factor for a coach with young children looking to raise their children in a great community doing the thing he loves without the big t8me stresses at the SEC level.

One of the things that I don’t think has been spoken about yet, if it has I’ll just add my take on the point, is with a massive splash hire like this, you’d think it would excite our current commits and top current players and give us a really good chance to keep them. Obviously I’m sure there’s some Mullen might give a nudge to and advise them it’s not a great fit, but a kid like Tremble is the one I’m thinking of on the commits front, it would be massive to keep him on board and you’d think a hire like Mullen would really make that a possibility.
With Mullen we probably keep Tremble and grab a top transfer too.

I'll be really interested in how he utilizes Villari he needs to be on the field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom