Dan Mullen | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Ed and Dan know each other from coaching against each other in the SEC.

Don’t see Ed having any interest in being the Syracuse DC. If he coaches again, it will be as a HC.

I actually agree but I also didn’t think there was a real chance that Mullen would be the head coach of Syracuse 3 days ago.

Don’t see Ed having any interest in being the Syracuse DC. If he coaches again, it will be as a HC.
But if his termination agreement with LSU says he can’t be a HC for another year, perhaps he jumps back in as a coordinator for a year to get his feet wet again. That’s the hope.

It’s confirmed that he was at Syracuse Wednesday and it is rumored he is coming back to Syracuse tonight or tomorrow. If that doesn’t scream that this is at the finish line then I don’t know what does. No reason for Mullen to come to Syracuse in the first place and even less of a reason for him to come back if he isn’t going to be the coach.

Yeah, I fully expect a Thamel news report in the next hour. Just waiting for this BC Miami game to end to be professional. If he’s in cuse tomorrow it’s a done deal. Also every recruit it posting they are going to be in cuse tomorrow.

Wasn’t Eddie O here when Mullen was a GA? With Conley and Patricia?

This thread is why I love college football and could never quit being a Syracuse fan. Hope springs eternal. My Miss St fan neighbor says this would be a huge get for us. He wishes they still had him.
why did they get rid of him?

Yeah, I fully expect a Thamel news report in the next hour. Just waiting for this BC Miami game to end to be professional. If he’s in cuse tomorrow it’s a done deal. Also every recruit it posting they are going to be in cuse tomorrow.

The recruits are going to be there at the game? Was this already in the works or more of a spur of the moment thing? I assume this is a normal recruit game.

Has anyone checked to see if Mullen has any interesting new followers?

Also, isn't McNabb still on the BoT? I wonder how well he feels he knows Mullen from the GA days.
IMG_2395.jpeg

Interesting follow. BOD of Orange United NIL.

What’s the record posts for a thread? Is it the Rutgers dumpster fire or the Robert Washington thread? Just trying to see how many more posts we need on this one.
It used to be the Ebo thread at one point I believe

The way Barrie began his sign off kind of sounded like it was his last time in the booth with Mullen.

But I also just smoked a j

I think someone said earlier that Mullen wasn't going to be doing a bowl game, so that may be why it Barrie said what he did. Either way, was the last time this year they would call a game together.

It’s confirmed that he was at Syracuse Wednesday and it is rumored he is coming back to Syracuse tonight or tomorrow. If that doesn’t scream that this is at the finish line then I don’t know what does. No reason for Mullen to come to Syracuse in the first place and even less of a reason for him to come back if he isn’t going to be the coach.
100% The "like anything orange?" quip by Mullen's broadcast partner and his subsequent chuckle/non-denial - confirmed it for me.

Yea the firing was pretty much unanimous, but my recollection was s that the board was real happy about his hiring.

Not quite sure what the point is though? Should we not like this hire? We’ve had several hires, why are you singling out the GRob hire?

Welcome back Ed O

Don’t see Ed having any interest in being the Syracuse DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.