Dan Mullen | Page 59 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
has this thread been nominated for induction to the HALL OF FAME Yet? If not, consider this the nomination.

I’ve cried, I’ve laughed, I’ve thought all day going through this. It’s a heckuva day.

1700860324845.jpeg

Not quite sure what the point is though? Should we not like this hire? We’ve had several hires, why are you singling out the GRob hire?
it was a joke

Speak for yourself. I loathed the hire when it happened. Guy was a complete moron
Agreed. As a student we were all like What?

His tenure as Chiefs DC wasn't good either I believe they had a ridiculous collapse and horrible stats. Timing sucked to because they let P coach the bowl game.

I wanted Norm Chow

Not seeing any...just a commercial Jet Blue later this evening. Any chance he flies commercial?

View attachment 233627
I think he goes back to his Mom's house in NH for tonight and tomorrow and flies to Cuse on Sunday. Monday announcement? Tuesday, the latest? Introduce him at LSU hoops game Tuesday night at half? We can only hope.

I’ll share some info about players soon. This thread is enough to handle at the moment lol

Players on the roster currently or potential portal/recruited players?

Agreed. As a student we were all like What?

His tenure as Chiefs DC wasn't good either I believe they had a ridiculous collapse and horrible stats. Timing sucked to because they let P coach the bowl game.

I wanted Norm Chow
My favorite rebuttle when i pissed and moaned after captain kangaroos 1-10 first season was “oh but P left the cupboard bare”. Lol no he didnt. We just hired a complete efftard

Yes

Getting closer:

NEWS

THE SCOOP

HIGH SCHOOL SCOOP

STRENGTH SCOOP

ABOUT

HOME

NEWS

Syracuse coaching search gains focus

The Orange are seeking to quickly replace the fired Dino Babers

JOHN BRICE

4 HOURS AGO

It's been less than a week since Syracuse officials fired coach Dino Babers, but the Orange's search for the program's next head coach appears to be coming into focus.

Syracuse officials have been quickly working through a handful of candidates, but the one name coming up in more areas connected to the search than any other: Bob Chesney.

Just finishing his sixth year atop the Holy Cross program, Chesney has proved a steady program-builder across three head-coaching stints.

Skip Ad

Prior to taking over at Holy Cross in 2018, Chesney had turned the Assumption Greyhounds into perennial NCAA Football Division II Playoffs regulars, including a 2017 run to the quarterfinals.

At Salve Regina in the New England Football Conference, Chesney guided the Seahawks to 23 wins in three seasons and a bowl victory.

His deep ties throughout the Northeast are seen as a key along with his track record as a head coach, which includes a lifetime 111-46 mark.

Holy Cross reached unprecedented heights under Chesney, with the Crusaders unleashing a 12-0 run through the 2022 campaign before falling in the Football Championship Subdivision quarterfinals. They still closed the season as the AFCA's No. 6 team in the final FCS Top 25.

While Chesney has been a central figure in the search, sources told FootballScoop that Syracuse officials also vetted numerous candidates that included Toledo head coach Jason Candle, Marshall's Charles Huff and Notre Dame defensive coordinator Al Golden, a former head coach at Temple and Miami.

Additionally, sources this week told FootballScoop that Syracuse officials also have done significant due diligence on Dan Mullen and that the Orange search committee had been expected to speak with Mullen, the former Florida and Mississippi State head coach.

One source told FootballScoop Syracuse AD John Wildhack has been pleasantly surprised by the depth of candidates that have shown interest in the job adding, "A lot of very experienced coaches are interested and other conversations are ongoing; but at this time it looks like Chesney or Mullen."

Syracuse hosts Wake Forest Saturday in the program's 2023 regular-season finale. The Orange (5-6) could qualify for a postseason-berth with a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.