Dan Mullen | Page 181 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are on the same page. I’m insinuating Mullen might be waiting for better jobs. And the longer this goes without hearing something, the more likely that statement is true.
And that could be a gamble on his part.
If he tries to stall too long we'll take someone else and he could be stuck not coaching again for another year.

If he's not coaching by 2025 his coaching career will likely be over, although someone at UNC may disagree. ;)

He's probably thinking of the circumstances at UVa that led to his departure. They tell you to fire your DC and you decline, and quit, some would call that principled. No problem if he's our next coach. There would probably be some more continuity if he were the choice.
I’ve never heard anything to that effect. Carla and the UVA President asked him to stay but he needed a break from football.

But in any case, he was a highly respected man and coach in Charlottesville and resurrected a completely dead program. I too would be happy to have him.

I just fall back on Barrie’s comments. No way does Barrie say those comments without Mullen’s sign off, and Barrie was very optimistic with his comments (not just “oh hey, you’re interviewing)

Now likely completing all scheduled interviews or pulling the funds to make it a done deal

That explains the flight to Chicago - a short trip from there to Michigan to collect double the deposits.
1701042678298.jpeg

Pure speculation.

Everyone needs to sign off on Mullen due to the financials that will be needed for assistant coaches and NIL. If unable to obtain total buy in, then it’s probably Chesney.

JW is probably trying to wrangle everyone together to agree. And if it’s not unanimous then then it’s Chesney. Just a shot in the dark, but if I had to guess that’s probably the delay. Otherwise, I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t have leaked today if everyone was on board.
If it's not unanimous on Mullen then it also isn't unanimous on Chesney.
Like many here have indicated... it's now or never. Think back to 1987, we can get there again.
Let's do it!

HIRE MULLEN

Last edited:
Oh good grief can you not infect this thread with your money broken record? Don’t you already have 6 threads dedicated to this?
It is only a broken record for those who for the life of me, don't want to acknowledge a simple truth. We have people on here calling for former NFL head coaches as position coaches, former SEC head coaches as coordinators, on the same staff with a former SEC head coach as our head coach...Really?

I just fall back on Barrie’s comments. No way does Barrie say those comments without Mullen’s sign off, and Barrie was very optimistic with his comments (not just “oh hey, you’re interviewing)

Now likely completing all scheduled interviews or pulling the funds to make it a done deal
3 or 4 times is a bit much as well. Honestly maybe I’m the definition of gullibility but it seems overkill.

Also overlooked in this was the average viewer doesn’t really care about the Cuse coaching search or honestly whether Mullen coaches or not so it’s not like they needed to keep bringing it up. He will 100% be coaching, has been linked to cuse, no other job makes sense so I’m confident.

Maybe during the interview process Mullen wasn’t the best? What does JW do if another candidate crushes it and Mullen was only ok?
Good question. Do you hire the best interview or do you hire the best combo of interview and track record? Some people can talk the talk and not walk the walk.

And that could be a gamble on his part.
If he tries to stall too long we'll take someone else and he could be stuck not coaching again for another year.

If he's not coaching by 2025 his coaching career will likely be over, although someone at UNC may disagree. ;)
“Gamble”. All while he’s getting $7M a year from Florida. Nice position to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom