Dan Mullen | Page 182 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to remember his name all last night. Did he ever make it onto a team?
Boy did he… skipping some details, he finished with Valpo in 2022 (!!!) and got a minicamp tryout with the Eagles, which I believe is where it ended.

But I’m pretty sure he played for multiple other teams in college including UNC Charlotte.

Some of y'all are going to need professional help by the time the hire of a new coach is announced.

Attachments

• frazier.jpg
    frazier.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 22
It’s a couple inches of snow, in other words a Tuesday in November
It won't impact any of the locals except for the dopes that feel the need to stock up on bread and milk when there is a storm coming.

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY MORNING THROUGH
WEDNESDAY MORNING...

* WHAT...Heavy lake effect snow possible. Total snow accumulations
of 4 to 9 inches possible, with lower amounts across the
southern portions of Onondaga and Madison counties. Winds could
gust as high as 35 mph.

* WHERE...Onondaga, Madison and Southern Oneida counties.

* WHEN...From Tuesday morning through Wednesday morning.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. The hazardous
conditions could impact the morning or evening commute.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The heaviest snowfall will occur Tuesday
afternoon through Tuesday evening. The highest snowfall amounts
are expected to be across the northern portions of Onondaga,
Madison, and southern Oneida counties.

So you have all your bases covered here. You have been saying all along..."Syracuse is not in the same financial position as many of the schools"..." If money was not the issue Mullen would be a done deal." Hopefully the "homers" will have learned by now. I mean, how many times do you have to say it? And yet, in the same paragraph, you hope that the "financials work out." Are those the financials that Syracuse doesn't have? Or some other financials?
I think we can all agree that Syracuse has some "Financials"!! What we don't all agree on is weather or not those financials are enough to do all of the things needed to turn this program into the one that we all hope that it can be. That is all that I am simply saying.

Tell me that Liam Coen is going to be the head coach without telling me that Liam Coen is going to be the head coach.
Well I did hear from a reliable source that there was a contingent of Football alums pushing for Coen. ;)

No, it wouldn’t be done deal. Take it easy. Let wildhack do his job. while what you preach has a ton of merit there is still a very detailed process that needs to be followed regardless of money and Wildhack needs to cross t’s and dot I’s. certainly $ can be an issue but there’s still a large process that needs to be attended to. We aren’t hiring a pizza maker but rather the highest paid employee at Syracuse university and that needs to be dealt with accordingly. People are getting carried away and in edition we have no idea how certain individuals interview or what their plan is to make the football program successful
Where are all the people on this forum who said Money was not the issue and that the Cuse had the money to compete with the top schools? If money was not an issue, Mullen would be signed, deal done, if in fact, he is Wildhack's top choice. The reality is, when you factor in facility upgrades, NIL, head coach's salary, and money for a decent staff, Syracuse is not in the same financial position as many of the schools, homers on this forum said we should be able to compete with. If this coaching scenario hasn't made that clear,I don't know what else ever will. Hopefully, the financials work out so that Syracuse can secure a great coach , we can pay the players we need to retain as well as recruit, and the HC can hire a really good staff!!
What posters said that we had the money of the top schools? Name them? You can't. No one believes we have the money of Ohio St or Mich or ND or Alabama. Just stop with that nonsense. And if it was for lack of money, we already would have hired the cheapest choice. That door swings both ways. Why haven't we done that? The other day you were arguing about how much more money Wake has than us when they have an endowment that is actually a bit less than ours. You have no idea who we will hire. No one else here does either. It's a big decision. One that takes a bit of time. We only fired our last coach 6 days ago.

Wasnt there a LB'r or RB from Brooklyn that spurned us and commited to Clemp'sin? That thread was rather large too.

Where are all the people on this forum who said Money was not the issue and that the Cuse had the money to compete with the top schools? If money was not an issue, Mullen would be signed, deal done, if in fact, he is Wildhack's top choice. The reality is, when you factor in facility upgrades, NIL, head coach's salary, and money for a decent staff, Syracuse is not in the same financial position as many of the schools, homers on this forum said we should be able to compete with. If this coaching scenario hasn't made that clear,I don't know what else ever will. Hopefully, the financials work out so that Syracuse can secure a great coach , we can pay the players we need to retain as well as recruit, and the HC can hire a really good staff!!
If that is the case, then the university as a whole could add some investment.

Do you realize that good football results leads to prime time coverage & wins which leads to more applicants and free advertising?

Gamble on Mullen & Co.. The AD will pay back the investment, both in cash and future applications.
Why spend a gazillion on the dome and football facility upgrades if you don't exploit them with a proven coaching commodity.

Going with a coach that does not have P5 experience will lead to the bubble to burst.

Hire Mullen or another P5 winner and they will receive additional donations, both to the AD and NIL. Me included.

HIRE MULLEN

Maybe during the interview process Mullen wasn’t the best? What does JW do if another candidate crushes it and Mullen was only ok?
There’s the in person interview and there’s a paper interview. Mullen is so much better on paper than every other candidate he could drop a deuce on JW’s desk at the in person and still get the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom