Dan Mullen | Page 209 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
i honestly thought with the timing of Dino’s firing that JW had his man lined up and this would be a quick transition. now i am not sure we will have a coach when portal opens. only in syracuse. what a night.

We will pivot back to Chesney and he will be sold as the number 1 option the entire time. I am sure he will be hired in the next couple of days

Tisha Campbell Gina GIF by Martin

Was told money won't be an issue from many here so I guess there was a money limit? Also wasn't he getting 7.9 mil from Florida now it's all of a sudden more? I'm going to say no.
Who cares what the reason is… Mullen isn’t coming here

I won’t blame Wildhack on details that we’re not privy to. The fact that this went on for 5 days and people close to it were thinking it was happening logically tells me that SU was close.

I’m sure as soon as someone puts a microphone in his face it will rightly be the first question that’s asked of him, I’m curious to see what he says.

There’s no great way to spin it. We’re now stuck hoping that they hire a coach who can turn a lottery ticket into millions.

And if its going to be Chesney the risk is so high. What are the odds he turns into a grand slam. Like 5%? I’d put the odds of him flaming out much higher at like 70-75%. Just dont see how you plan to go from the Patriot League to the ACC at a program that everyone always says has disadvantages and is one of the worst jobs and expect success.
I think we'll know quickly, at least. We know he can coach on game day. So if he's recruiting at a reasonable level, we have a good shot. If not, we're toast.

But of course the university will give him 3-4 years regardless, and by then if he's not the guy it'll be too late.

I won’t blame Wildhack on details that we’re not privy to. The fact that this went on for 5 days and people close to it were thinking it was happening logically tells me that SU was close.

I’m sure as soon as someone puts a microphone in his face it will rightly be the first question that’s asked of him, I’m curious to see what he says.
He won’t address it. “We hired the coach we wanted.”

I think we'll know quickly, at least. We know he can coach on game day. So if he's recruiting at a reasonable level, we have a good shot. If not, we're toast.

But of course the university will give him 3-4 years regardless, and by then if he's not the guy it'll be too late.
How do we know he can coach? Its all well and good until your staring across from Dabo Swinney and not Joe Schmo

That is going to be really awkward, too. Chesney, or someone else, is going to have to hear questions to Wildhack about what went wrong with Mullen at their introductory presser. This is a total botching. Wildhack needs to get out in front of it.

There’s no great way to spin it. We’re now stuck hoping that they hire a coach who can turn a lottery ticket into millions.

And if its going to be Chesney the risk is so high. What are the odds he turns into a grand slam. Like 5%? I’d put the odds of him flaming out much higher at like 70-75%. Just dont see how you plan to go from the Patriot League to the ACC at a program that everyone always says has disadvantages and is one of the worst jobs and expect success.
I’ll put it this way: I don’t watch football (of any kind) anymore and I was still glued to this thread all weekend. I understood what was at stake for the future of not just the football program, but all of SU athletics.

Even if Chesney is a success, SU will only serve as a stepping stone.

How do we know he can coach? Its all well and good until your staring across from Dabo Swinney and not Joe Schmo
Put it this way. We know he can coach better than Dino, and better than most. If Dabo is the only ACC coach who he can't outcoach on game day, that's great news.

He won’t address it. “We hired the coach we wanted.”
You might be right. If he does that though, so many people will accuse him of not wanting to invest in the program, and in turn that could impact NIL giving, attendance etc.

If he hires Chesney (who I like), this could be a delicate situation. 12/4 is a week away. Mullen will still be very much in people’s minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom