Dan Mullen | Page 211 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong but I do not see strong season ticket sales hiring Chesney. They are increasing the ticket prices and have not placed a consistent good product on the field in years. Now they want to increase prices and hire a coach with no G5 or P5 experience. May loose the rest of the diehard fans with this move especially if next season the team regresses.

Two late thoughts: 1) maybe Mullen & Wildhack didn't hit it off in the interview (if there really was one) - one or both could have gone into it arrogantly - and 2) it seems that Pete Thamel knew all along that there wasn't any real interest, probably by Mullen, or it was unlikely to happen.

I could be wrong but I do not see strong season ticket sales hiring Chesney. They are increasing the ticket prices and have not placed a consistent good product on the field in years. Now they want to increase prices and hire a coach with no G5 or P5 experience. May loose the rest of the diehard fans with this move especially if next season the team regresses.
It appears to be an epic gamble. Bottom of the ninth, with two outs and were going to bunt to try getting a runner on rather than swinging for the fences. Mullen felt like all hands on deck and a surge to the program. Chesney seems like a wait and see scenario. If they finish 5-7 next year after back to back bowls, it will look awful.

Here's my cope

Mullen was out of the game for a couple years, who knows if he could actually get back in the swing of things.

He didn't like recruiting at Florida no way would he like trying to get kids to play at Syracuse and now all the NIL stuff.

I'm going against the grain and thinking there was a chance he could leave Syracuse very early for a better job. He's a known commodity already schools would jump all over him the second he had success.

Here's my cope

Mullen was out of the game for a couple years, who knows if he could actually get back in the swing of things.

He didn't like recruiting at Florida no way would he like trying to get kids to play at Syracuse and now all the NIL stuff.

I'm going against the grain and thinking there was a chance he could leave Syracuse very early for a better job. He's a known commodity already schools would jump all over him the second he had success.
1. Two years away? He’d be fine.
2. The recruiting thing isn’t true.
3. Good. We’d take the buyout payment and hire someone else.

There’s not really any spinning this into being not a big deal. This was a massive failure, if it fell apart on Syracuse’s side.

Here's my cope

Maybe 1) Wildhack didn't think he was serious enough about wanting to coach again, 2) Dan came into the interview arrogantly as though he'd come and save the program, 3) Dan didn't get that SU was serious about having a top tier program, and/or 4) Wildhack found out something about Mullen from his sources at ESPN that he didn't like. I believe that eventually we'll find out what happened or that it was never serious in the first place.

The story Wildhack should tell, regardless of whether or not it's true, is that he reached out through his ESPN ties to bring Mullen in to consult. He wanted to pick his brain on the current state of SU football, and what he thought about potential candidates. Mullen visited on Wednesday, toured the facilities, and gave some valuable input.

It's plausible, and everyone saves face.

The only way ADJW can even remotely say he got his pick if Al Golden signs and says he's bringing in an elite OC with him.

i fucks with this fuck me GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors