Danny Hurley to the Lakers ?? | Syracusefan.com

Danny Hurley to the Lakers ??

Does he really think he’d be any happier or much more financially secure if he coached the Lakers? He’d have to deal with non-pliable, “professional“ basketball players with their own ideas on how things should be done. Schlepping around the NBA for 82 games plus playoffs is no joy. Plus, the games are 20% longer.

Does he believe he can bring the “UConn Way“ to the Lakers? NBA players usually reserve their rah rah, intensity for the playoffs and not so much during the season.

I just think the NBA will eat him up just like it did Pitino.

Does he really think he’d be any happier or much more financially secure if he coached the Lakers? He’d have to deal with non-pliable, “professional“ basketball players with their own ideas on how things should be done. Schlepping around the NBA for 82 games plus playoffs is no joy. Plus, the games are 20% longer.

Does he believe he can bring the “UConn Way“ to the Lakers? NBA players usually reserve their rah rah, intensity for the playoffs and not so much during the season.

Valid points for sure but lakers are the cream of the crop all time franchise . La compared to storrs lol and no nil re-recruiting bs in nba

LeBron is a top 2 player, but he’s on the downward slope of his career and is a coach’s career killer. Hurley would be dumb to do this, especially with that roster.

Edit-removed foster that was in there. Whoops!

Last edited:
I'd actually respect the Hell out of Hurley doing this.
He shouldn’t sign anything until the finals are over. If mazzula can’t get this done, Hurley could have the Celtics job. Much easier move.

Give me a break everyone wants to coach at the top of their profession. He gets a chance to coach LeBron. College isn’t going anywhere.

The UConn way is just hiring the right assistants he’ll bring them with him.

I don’t think his antics or sideline behavior helps him but if the Celtics wipe the mavs off the floor the NBA is going to try to make LA a super team pronto.

Makes recruiting somewhat easier too for us
Don’t assume anything yet.let’s see who they corral. I also wondered if a Brad Stevens would be seduced to go back to college if the Celtics win it all. Someone mentioned recently he was gonna do
It at some point

Continued...
ESPN Sources: The Lakers have had preliminary contact with Hurley and sides are planning to escalate discussions in coming days. Hurley’s been at the forefront of the Lakers’ search from the beginning of the process, even while the organization has done its due diligence interviewing other candidates. Rob Pelinka and Jeanie Buss are eager to formally discuss their vision with Hurley of marrying his dominant program --- built upon both his tactical acumen and elite player development -- to the storied Lakers’ brand, sources tell ESPN.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom