Danny Hurley to the Lakers ?? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Danny Hurley to the Lakers ??

LeBron is a top 2 player, but he’s on the downward slope of his career and is a coach’s career killer. Hurley would be dumb to do this, especially with that foster.
I agree with this but he would have huge money and pretty much any college job he wants if it implodes

As a Laker fan I don’t know how I feel about this. Can’t stand Hurley but am 100% against the idea of them hiring JJ.

Murray and Young are still fantastic choices, but it won’t be the same

Murray and Young are still fantastic choices, but it won’t be the same
And only one can get the gig, would the other stick around long?

What happened to JJ?
Feels like one of those times where we all should have known he wasn't actually the target, because if he was, he'd have been hired by now.

Similar to how everyone was waiting for what felt like a year for Miami to acquire Damian Lillard.

He sees the writing on the wall. 1) The P5 Schools will be splitting away from the NCAA in the near future (leaving a school like UCONN behind). 2) The gap between the HAVES and HAVE-NOTS will widen, and the HAVE-NOTS (like a UCONN) won't be competitive at all in the NIL game. What he built at UCONN isn't sustainable moving forward. He's getting out at the perfect time for him.

net/net bad news for college hoops. there's no more "heel" coaches left if he's gone. College hoops was best with colorful characters coaching these programs.

Hurley, love him or hate him, was a Grade A character. I love the guy. Just like Boeheim was a character for Syracuse, Rollie, Thompson, et al.

The sport is a debacle if you can't keep a torch holder at a program like UConn that's won 2 in a row.

He sees the writing on the wall. 1) The P5 Schools will be splitting away from the NCAA in the near future (leaving a school like UCONN behind). 2) The gap between the HAVES and HAVE-NOTS will widen, and the HAVE-NOTS (like a UCONN) won't be competitive at all in the NIL game. What he built at UCONN isn't sustainable moving forward. He's getting out at the perfect time for him.

He sees an insane amount of money. Good for him.

Does he really think he’d be any happier or much more financially secure if he coached the Lakers? He’d have to deal with non-pliable, “professional“ basketball players with their own ideas on how things should be done. Schlepping around the NBA for 82 games plus playoffs is no joy. Plus, the games are 20% longer.

Does he believe he can bring the “UConn Way“ to the Lakers? NBA players usually reserve their rah rah, intensity for the playoffs and not so much during the season.

I just think the NBA will eat him up just like it did Pitino.
You lost me questioning if he would be much more financially secure. $80-$100 million over 10 years, guaranteed ,is probably what it would take to get him. That’s a contract that validates him as one of the best in the world at his job. Also, a nice financial catch-up from a lost NBA career.
Will his style translate to the NBA, who knows, but I would think LA might be more attractive to Jersey City guy.

Does anyone know if we were ever in the mix for Bobby as a player? Absolutely on of the best college PGs I have ever watched.

If a HC leaves players have 30 days to transfer, correct? Any chance we can steal a kid?
Why would a kid at UConn consider SU? The open spots on the roster are the only thing I can think of as a net positive for us.

Heard one of the reasons LeBron is good with this is he thinks Hurley would be good for Bronny’s development and career.

As a Celtics fan, I say good luck.

So conceivably if Hurley takes both Kimani and Murray - and the players get 30 days to leave - combined with the fact the no one else can enter the portal so UConn couldn’t replace any leaving players (with anyone good at least).

It could be a disaster

You lost me questioning if he would be much more financially secure. $80-$100 million over 10 years, guaranteed ,is probably what it would take to get him. That’s a contract that validates him as one of the best in the world at his job. Also, a nice financial catch-up from a lost NBA career.
Will his style translate to the NBA, who knows, but I would think LA might be more attractive to Jersey City guy.

Does anyone know if we were ever in the mix for Bobby as a player? Absolutely on of the best college PGs I have ever watched.
We were all in on Kenny Anderson in that class, I believe. Btw, as good as Bobby was, KA abused him their freshman year.