Daoust on the DL | Syracusefan.com

Daoust on the DL

Poor conditioning was the same thing plagued Sloan last year. imo he is really talented, it's pretty disappointing that he hasn't put the work in to take his chance and run with it.

It was me thank you. I have been impressed with him since day one. He has the raw talent to be a force. Williams and big John are off the chart. If Wayne gets in shape. If Sloan puts the work in. If John comes back healthy we will have one heck of a d line
Blown knee ligaments on the order of what Raymon had take a full year. That would put him in mid-October. My guess is that he'll have a medical redshirt year.

Blown knee ligaments on the order of what Raymon had take a full year. That would put him in mid-October. My guess is that he'll have a medical redshirt year.

Let's hope the NCAA doesn't whiff this time and actually grants him a 6th year medical RS

Sloan and WW will have all Summer to get in shape. We need 1 to get after it and obviously hoping both do.

just because you loose a season to a knee injury doesn't mean you get another year. medical redshirts are only granted with prior injury history.

Is the glass half empty or half full?

just because you loose a season to a knee injury doesn't mean you get another year. medical redshirts are only granted with prior injury history.
I thought if you're injured and didn't play more than a quarter of the year you get a medical redshirt?

I think after Waynes journey, he will do everything during possible in the summer to get in shape. Hopefully this rubs off on Sloan and they both work and push each other to get in better shape.

If Raymon doesn't play this season because of last years injury he would be eligible for a red shirt. why wouldn't he?

If Raymon doesn't play this season because of last years injury he would be eligible for a red shirt. why wouldn't he?

His redshirt year was eaten up when he transferred.

Being eligible for a RS doesnt mean its always going to happen. but its rare they dont give you one if you show that kind of injury. his case has other issues to add to it, he was made to miss 2 years with the rules and now mostof a a 3rd and a 4th perhaps with this injury. he could get the 6th back just because he will have played one year out of 5..

If the injury forces Raymon to miss the 2014 season, he'd have a very good shot at a medical redshirt...but you never know what the NCAA is thinking.

His redshirt year was eaten up when he transferred.

A medical redshirt and a "normal" redshirt year are 2 different things. One needs to be approved and the other does not. And to my knowledge, the requirement is less that 1/3 of the games played.

A medical redshirt and a "normal" redshirt year are 2 different things. One needs to be approved and the other does not. And to my knowledge, the requirement is less that 1/3 of the games played.

The GT game was the 7th game of the season, and JR played in all 7. That's more than 33% of the season.

The GT game was the 7th game of the season, and JR played in all 7. That's more than 33% of the season.
The Medical Hardship would be a redshirt for this coming season, not past.

The Medical Hardship would be a redshirt for this coming season, not past.
I don't believe a medical hardship gets approved in advance. The player has to apply to get his eligibility extended after it's all used up.

I don't believe a medical hardship gets approved in advance. The player has to apply to get his eligibility extended after it's all used up.
Okay so if he can't get on the field this season, he applies when his eligibility is used up and then an additional year is approved/denied at that point right?

Got it.

Can we get Sloane and Williams to work out with Shamarko this summer?

so much potential in those 2. especially Williams with that size and agility. it would be a shame to see it wasted

so much potential in those 2. especially Williams with that size and agility. it would be a shame to see it wasted
And Raymon is 6'-5" 325 lbs. I'd hate to see that size and agility wasted too.
Seems like we've had a fair amount of big guys on the defensive side with great physical talent recently. Considering how much of a premium big athletic talented DT's are its a little surprising. Would've been great to harness a healthy and fit Raymon, Williams and Crume. Guess there is still a slight chance but Raymon being 100% this year seems unlikely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom